Kerala CPI-M leader denied bail in murder caseAugust 4th, 2012 - 3:30 pm ICT by IANS
Kannur (Kerala), Aug 4 (IANS) A court Saturday denied bail to Marxist leader P. Jayarajan, arrested for his alleged role in the murder of a Muslim League worker.
The Kannur chief judicial (first class) magistrate observed that there was a chance that Jayarajan might prevail upon the witnesses in the case and denied him bail.
Jayarajan’s counsel said they would Monday appeal and move a bail plea in the Kerala High Court.
Jayarajan, Communist Party of India-Marxist’s (CPI-M) Kannur district secretary, was held Wednesday and sent to a two-week custody in connection with the murder of Indian Union Muslim League (IUML) worker Abdul Shukoor in February.
Opposing the bail plea, the special public prosecutor told the court Jayarajan should not be given bail since investigations were still on.
Jayarajan’s counsel said the charges under which the Marxist leader was arrested are those where a bail could be easily given.
Jayarajan is the 38th accused in the case. Police have already arrested more than 12 CPI-M activists in the case.
The 39th accused in the case, CPI-M legislator T.V. Rajesh, has moved an anticipatory bail plea in the high court.
- CPI-M legislator remanded in custody in murder case (Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- Bail denied to Kerala CPI-M leaders in murder case - Aug 13, 2012
- Decision on arrested Kerala CPI-M leader's bail Saturday - Aug 03, 2012
- IUML worker's murder: Kerala CPI-M leader gets bail - Aug 27, 2012
- CPI-M legislator, 32 others charged in IUML worker murder - Aug 23, 2012
- CPI(M) MLA Rajesh denied bail, Jayarajan's remand extended - Aug 14, 2012
- Kerala legislator gets bail in murder case - Aug 21, 2012
- Shutdown in Kerala over CPI-M leader's arrest - Aug 02, 2012
- Kerala CPI-M leader arrested in murder case - Aug 01, 2012
- Kerala CPI-M leader held for murder, party calls shutdown (Lead) - Aug 01, 2012
- CPI-M worker killed during Kerala shutdown (Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- The killing fields of Kerala - Jun 01, 2012
- Kerala CPI-M facing tough times (Letter from Kerala) - Jun 30, 2012
- Kerala CPI-M leader gets bail in murder case (Lead) - Jul 02, 2012
- Will ask poll panel to cancel CPI-M's registration: UDF - May 28, 2012
Tags: activists, bail plea, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, CPI, district secretary, first class, investigations, iuml, kannur district, kerala high court, legislator, magistrate, marxist leader, murder case, muslim league, public prosecutor, rajesh