Kerala-based B-school to get Rs.630 mn campusJuly 11th, 2008 - 9:53 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, July 11 (IANS) Oman-based Malayali businessman George M. Thomas, who is the patron of Kerala-based Asian School of Business (ASB), Friday announced an investment of Rs.630 million in three phases for a new campus in Pallipuram on the outskirts here. “The new campus would come up on a 16-acre piece of land a few kilometers away from the Technopark campus. The first phase will be ready in 15 months time and would have 120,000 square feet. The construction of the second and third phases is scheduled to start by the last quarter of 2009 and early 2011,” Thomas told reporters here.
When complete, it would be first Leed Certified Green building in Kerala. Thomas said the new campus has been designed by a Singapore-based architectural group.
ASB was set up by Thomas three years back and at present functions from the Technopark campus. It offers a two-year post-graduate management programme.
The business school’s board of governors has S.Ramadorai, CEO of Tata Consultancy Services, as chairman while Kris Gopalakrishnan of Infosys is a member.
Thomas also runs an international school on the outskirts of the capital city.
- University of California, Kerala B-school join hands - Jul 28, 2010
- NRI businessman offers rural students scholarships - Aug 05, 2011
- Infosys to set up second campus in Thiruvananthapuram - Apr 04, 2012
- Britain shows interest in tying up with Kerala B-school - May 24, 2012
- Infosys accounts for 18 percent of Kerala's IT exports - Feb 17, 2011
- Capgemini to set up shop in Thiruvananthapuram - Jan 06, 2012
- India's first telecom business incubator in Kerala - Oct 27, 2011
- Kochi Startup Village to have 2,000 IT firms - Sep 18, 2012
- Master plan of Kerala Technocity ready - Aug 17, 2012
- India's first Startup Village at Kochi - Jan 18, 2012
- Infosys to hire 30,000 this year - Jun 10, 2010
- Polish Airlines opts for Technopark IT firm's software - Aug 09, 2012
- Thirteen business leaders conferred with ABLF awards - Oct 04, 2011
- IT made giant strides in Kerala under Left rule: Achuthanandan - Jan 09, 2011
- Chandy launches IT incubator - Mar 27, 2012