Kenya’s Njoroge wins Buenos Aires marathonOctober 10th, 2011 - 2:26 pm ICT by IANS
Buenos Aires, Oct 10 (IANS) Kenyan runner Simon Kariuki Njoroge won the 27th Buenos Aires International Marathon with a record time of 2 hours, 10 minutes and 29 seconds.
Kariuki’ s fellow countrymen Chebet Ben Kipruto and Toni Kiprop came second and third, respectively, in the men’s category in which about 7,200 athletes, including 2,000 foreign athletes, ran along the streets of Argentina’s capital city, Xinhua reported.
In the women’s category, Argentine Andrea Graciano won with a record time of 2 hours, 46 minutes and 34 seconds, followed by her fellow countrywoman Karina Neipan in second place and Carmen Martinez from Peru in third place.
The best local athlete in the male category was Ulises Sanguinetti, who finished in the seventh position with a time of 2 hours and 20 minutes. He won the fourth place in 2010.
- Olympics: Kemboi wins 3,000m steeplechase for Kenya - Aug 06, 2012
- Kenyans sweep 10K Run - May 27, 2012
- World Athletics: Kenya's Kirui men's marathon title - Sep 04, 2011
- Loeb wins Argentina rally title - Apr 30, 2012
- Bangalore's 10k race to see elite athletes - May 11, 2012
- Kenya eyes seven golds at London Olympics - Jul 17, 2012
- Tsegay favourite to win Delhi Half Marathon - Sep 10, 2012
- Olympics judo: Cuba's Ortiz wins gold - Aug 04, 2012
- River Plate returns to Argentina's first division - Jun 24, 2012
- Ethiopian Gebre Gebremariam, Edna Kiplagat From Kenya Win NYC Marathon 2010 - Nov 08, 2010
- Russia's Tchebanika wins TT Paralympic gold - Sep 03, 2012
- Actor Alberto de Mendoza is dead - Dec 13, 2011
- Kemboi shifts base to Bristol to avoid public scrutiny - Jul 14, 2012
- Madrid's lead reduced to six points - Mar 22, 2012
- Colombian couple wins World Tango Championship - Aug 31, 2011