Kelis surprises fans by playing drumsJune 24th, 2012 - 4:35 pm ICT by IANS
London, June 24 (IANS) American singer Kelis surprised her fans at the Britain’s Isle of Wight Festival with an an impromptu act of playing the drums.
The 32-year-old was in the middle of performing her hit “Bounce” Friday when she moved towards the onstage kit, picked up the sticks and started playing the drums.
“I decided to start playing the drums not too long ago, so I just figured why not?” contactmusic.com quoted the singer as saying.
The festival was hit by a storm Thursday and fans heading for the venue off the south coast of England were hit by traffic jams.
Severe storms turned the site off the south coast of England into a mudbath but Kelis is not complaining.
“I love being here, it’s amazing. Any place you got to take a boat to, you know it’s gotta be good. You have to take a ferry to get here!
“I love the dancing, I love all the festivals, I love being able to be outside and kind of get into the whole party vibe I love that,” she said.
- Brit pub singer arrested for singing racist 'Kung Fu Fighting' song to Chinese - Apr 27, 2011
- Moss, Hince to renew wedding vows - Apr 23, 2012
- Bieber sings in Mexico for free - Jun 13, 2012
- Akshay supports Dhoni, says everyone faces bad phase - Jan 16, 2012
- Enrique Iglesias, Jennifer Lopez combine styles - Aug 18, 2012
- IPL-5 performance a new high for Lesle Lewis - Apr 02, 2012
- Macca pays on-stage tribute to Jimi Hendrix - Jun 14, 2010
- Carl Douglas slams 'Kung Fu Fighting' singer's arrest - Apr 28, 2011
- Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart enjoy 'island getaway' - Jan 07, 2010
- BP CEO gets wrapped for watching posh yacht race in England - Jun 20, 2010
- Rosa performs with Blades, Guerra - Apr 02, 2012
- McCartney to embark on solo Britain tour - Mar 03, 2010
- Fan makes fun of Keating - Jun 27, 2012
- Moss' father thinks Jamie Hince 'good influence' on her - Jun 13, 2011
- Beyonce pays tribute to Houston - May 27, 2012
Tags: american singer, bounce, festivals, isle of wight, isle of wight festival, june 24, kelis, london, mudbath, party vibe, playing drums, playing the drums, severe storms, south coast of england, surprises, traffic jams, venue