Kejriwal renews attack on ‘criminal’ MPsMarch 30th, 2012 - 12:51 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, March 30 (IANS) Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal, who faces a privilege motion from the Lok Sabha, reiterated Friday that parliament’s “tendency to induct criminal MPs” was increasing.
“A total of 522 criminal cases are being carried in the court against 162 MPs of which 76 are of heinous nature. The tendency to induct criminal MPs into the parliament is being increased,” he said while addressing a press conference at his home in Kaushambi in this town adjoining Delhi.
“In 2004, 128 MPS were from a criminal background… the strength reached 162 in 2009,” he said, adding that cases of bribery against parliamentarians was a “well known fact”.
His Team Anna colleague, lawyer Prashant Bhushan, alleged that the privilege motion was being abused by parliamentarians.
He said the basic spirit of the provision of a privilege motion was to give freedom to MPs to raise questions.
- Kejriwal renews attack on 'criminal' MPs (Lead) - Mar 30, 2012
- Team Anna condemns Lok Sabha move to censure them (Lead) - Mar 27, 2012
- Team Anna questions government's integrity - Jul 16, 2012
- Team Anna faces MPs' ire, notices to Kejriwal, Bhushan - Sep 03, 2011
- Lok Sabha to consider censure motion against Team Anna - Mar 27, 2012
- Lok Sabha condemns Team Anna's derogatory remarks (Third Lead) - Mar 27, 2012
- Kiran Bedi asks for proof of privilege breach - Sep 06, 2011
- Lok Sabha condemns Team Anna's derogatory remarks (Fourth Lead) - Mar 27, 2012
- First give me proof, Kejriwal says of privilege motion - Sep 05, 2011
- Lok Sabha condemns Team Anna's derogatory remarks (Second Lead) - Mar 27, 2012
- Hazare-government tensions can cause political turbulence again - Sep 04, 2011
- Kejriwal gets breach of privilege notice - Sep 03, 2011
- Kejriwal's name missing from voters list - Feb 28, 2012
- Anna blames MPs for not passing Lokpal bill? - Mar 27, 2012
- 'Was warned to withdraw complaint against Kejriwal' - Apr 11, 2012