Kejriwal defends his remarks about politiciansFebruary 27th, 2012 - 5:31 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 27 (IANS) After his diatribe against Members of Parliament which angered political parties, Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal Monday defended his remarks saying he had stated nothing wrong.
“I have not stated anything which is wrong. I have just stated facts. If stating the truth is wrong, I am ready to face the consequences. If you have people sitting in Parliament who face charges of murder, how can you expect them to make a strict law against murders,” he said while talking to a news channel.
“With this kind of Parliament, what hope does this country have? Will this Parliament be able to deliver Indians out of poverty, corruption and injustice? These are the questions I have raised. What’s wrong in that,” he asked.
Political parties across the spectrum Sunday slammed Kejriwal for his “outrageous” remarks that “rapists, murderers and looters” were sitting in the Indian Parliament.
Kejriwal had said that 163 MPs had cases of “heinous offences” registered against them.
“In this Parliament, rapists are sitting. In this Parliament, murderers and looters are sitting,” he had said at a rally Saturday in Uttar Pradesh’s Greater Noida.
- Privilege notice issued to Arvind Kejriwal - Mar 17, 2012
- Kejriwal's 'rapist-MPs' remark draws Congress, BJP ire - Feb 26, 2012
- Kejriwal's 'rapist-MPs' remark angers politicians (Lead) - Feb 26, 2012
- Have not said anything wrong, says Kejriwal - Mar 26, 2012
- India's corrupt leaders will be ousted like Gaddafi: Ramdev - Feb 26, 2012
- Kejriwal's name missing from voters list - Feb 28, 2012
- 'Was warned to withdraw complaint against Kejriwal' - Apr 11, 2012
- Not wrong about MPs: Kejriwal - Feb 27, 2012
- MPs outraged over Team Anna's remarks, Lok Sabha adjourned (Second Lead) - Mar 26, 2012
- You will lose: Team Anna warns public - Feb 25, 2012
- Team Anna slams parties, warns public to be aware (Lead) - Feb 26, 2012
- Team Anna condemns Lok Sabha move to censure them (Lead) - Mar 27, 2012
- Lok Sabha condemns Team Anna's derogatory remarks (Third Lead) - Mar 27, 2012
- Lok Sabha condemns Team Anna's derogatory remarks (Fourth Lead) - Mar 27, 2012
- Virbhadra Singh threatens to sue Kejriwal - Apr 01, 2012
Tags: 163, arvind kejriwal, corruption, diatribe, indian parliament, indians, injustice, looters, members of parliament, mps, murderers, murders, New Delhi, outrageous remarks, parliament, parties team, political parties, rapists, strict law, uttar pradesh