Keep DNA report confidential, N.D. Tiwari tells courtJuly 18th, 2012 - 11:05 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 18 (IANS) Veteran Congress leader N.D. Tiwari Wednesday urged the Delhi High Court to keep the report of his DNA test confidential till the conclusion of the hearing in a paternity suit filed by a man claiming to be Tiwari’s biological son.
He also requested for in-camera proceedings in the suit.
Rohit Shekhar, 32, in 2008 filed the suit claiming to be the biological son of Tiwari, 87.
Hyderabad-based Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics recently submitted in the court the DNA reports of Tiwari, Rohit and his mother Ujjawala Sharma.
Tiwari, filing a fresh application, said: “Direct all concerned to comply with the directions passed by the Supreme Court, and let the DNA report completely sealed and confidential till conclusion of the entire trial or alternatively at reasonable appropriate stage in the suit.”
Tiwari May 29 furnished his blood sample for the DNA test at his residence in Dehradun in Uttarakhand following orders of the Supreme Court and the Delhi High Court.
Referring to one of the Supreme Court orders, he said the apex court made it clear that the DNA report will remain confidential till the conclusion of “reasonable, appropriate and proportionate trial”.
“Pass appropriate directions to conduct entire trial and all proceedings relating to the civil suit in-camera,” his plea said.
He said Rohit and his mother “are leaving no stone unturned to get the report unsealed and make it public to attract undue media attention without completion of trial”.
The high court April 27 directed Tiwari to undergo the DNA test and also imposed a fine of Rs.25,000 on him.
- Tiwari moves court to keep his DNA test report confidential - Jul 26, 2012
- Court dismisses Tiwari's plea to keep DNA report confidential - Jul 20, 2012
- DNA test out, N.D. Tiwari is Rohit Shekhar's father (Second Lead) - Jul 27, 2012
- Apex court orders Tiwari to submit blood sample (Lead) - May 24, 2012
- Paternity suit against Tiwari: Court gets DNA report - Feb 15, 2012
- Enough is enough, apex court tells N.D. Tiwari - May 01, 2012
- N.D. Tiwari is Shekhar's biological father, rules court (Lead) - Jul 27, 2012
- Paternity suit: Court allows use of force against Tiwari (Lead) - May 16, 2012
- Court slams N.D. Tiwari over affidavit (Lead) - Jul 14, 2011
- Court slams Tiwari for avoiding test (Lead) - Jul 07, 2011
- Tiwari paternity suit: Plea challenging DNA test hearing Feb 7 - Jan 27, 2011
- Apex court orders Tiwari to submit blood sample - May 24, 2012
- Court to rule Friday on N.D. Tiwari paternity suit - Sep 22, 2011
- I can't be forced to give DNA test sample: N.D. Tiwari (Lead) - Jun 01, 2011
- Tiwari asked to furnish blood sample on Saturday - May 21, 2012
Tags: apex, apex court, biological son, blood sample, civil suit, conclusion, congress leader, dehradun, delhi high court, dna report, dna test, media attention, New Delhi, paternity suit, plea, proceedings, shekhar, supreme court orders, veteran