Kazmi urges resumption of hearing in sessions courtJuly 11th, 2012 - 6:22 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 11 (IANS) Journalist Syed Mohammad Kazmi, arrested for his alleged role in Feb 13 Israeli embassy car blast here, urged the Delhi High Court Wednesday to order the resumption of hearing on his plea in a sessions court.
Kazmi’s counsel Mehmood Pracha moved an application before Justice Manmohan, requesting to resume the hearing on his criminal revision petition in the court of Additional Sessions Judge (ASJ) S.S. Rathi.
The petition said: “The (high court’s) order dated July 2 may be modified to the extent that the proceedings in the criminal revision before Judge Rathi be allowed to continue on issues apart from the competence of the CMM (chief metropolitan magistrate) to grant/extend the custody in the said matter.”
The high court July 2 suspended the hearing and the June 8 order of the ASJ who had questioned the magistrate’s power to extend the judicial or police custody of an accused under the anti-terror law.
Kazmi in his revision petition, filed before the ASJ, challenged the magistrate court order that granted to police an additional 90 days for investigation.
He was arrested March 6 for his alleged involvement in the embassy car bombing. Four people were injured when an Israeli embassy car was struck by a bomb near the Prime Minister’s House in central Delhi.
Tal Yehoshua Koren, 42, wife of Israeli defence attache Colonel Yossi Refaelov, suffered multiple injuries when a motorcycle rider attached a magnetic explosive device to her car and sped away.
- Israeli embassy car bombing: Kazmi moves bail plea - Jul 13, 2012
- Court reserves order on Kazmi's plea (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- Israeli embassy car blast: Magistrate's decision set aside (Lead) - Jul 17, 2012
- Israeli embassy car blast: Magistrate's order set aside (Second Lead) - Jul 17, 2012
- Israeli embassy car attack: Court issues notice to police - Jul 25, 2012
- Israeli embassy car bombing: Kazmi opposes court order - Jun 06, 2012
- Magistrate can grant remand under anti-terror law: Court - Jul 06, 2012
- Israeli embassy car blast probe: Police seek more time (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Israeli embassy car blast: Kazmi's plea to come up Oct 12 - Jul 30, 2012
- Court extends Kazmi's judicial custody (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Give copies of remand application to Kazmi: Court - May 25, 2012
- Magistrate can grant remand under anti-terror law: Court (Lead) - Jul 06, 2012
- Israeli embassy car blast: 'Missing' documents traced - May 24, 2012
- Police get more time to probe Israeli embassy car blast - Jul 20, 2012
- Apex court issues notice on Kazmi's bail plea - Sep 07, 2012
Tags: asj, car bombing, central delhi, colonel, defence attache, delhi high court, explosive device, israeli embassy, magistrate court, manmohan, mehmood, mohammad, motorcycle rider, New Delhi, plea, police custody, resumption, sessions court, yehoshua, yossi