Kazmi, Iranians named suspects in Israeli embassy car blastJuly 31st, 2012 - 8:57 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 31 (IANS) The Delhi Police Tuesday filed a chargesheet in a city court accusing journalist Syed Mohammad Kazmi of conspiring with foreigners for the Feb 13 Israeli embassy car blast.
The chargesheet also named Iranian nationals Houshang Afshar Irani, Masod Sedaghatzadeh, Syed Ali Mehdi Sadr and Mohammed Reza Abolghasemi as suspects.
Kazmi was been charged under various provisions of the anti-terror law, Unlawful Activities Prevention Act (UAPA), and the penal provision for attempt to murder, among others.
In the chargesheet, filed before Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vinod Yadav, police also charged Kazmi under the provisions of the Explosive Substances Act.
He was arrested March 6 for his alleged involvement in the bombing. Four people were injured when an Israeli embassy car was struck by a bomb near the prime minister’s house in central Delhi.
Tal Yehoshua Koren, 42, wife of Israeli defence attache Colonel Yossi Refaelov, suffered multiple injuries when a motorcycle rider attached a magnetic explosive device to her car in central Delhi and sped away.
As per the chargesheet, after the Delhi blast Irani went to Bangkok and then to Kuala Lumpur, while Masod Sedaghatzadeh has been detained in Malaysia since March 14.
According to police, Irani visited India April 25, 2011 and left the country May 6, 2011. He came back to India again Jan 29 but left for Malaysia Feb 13 evening, within hours of the attack on the Israeli embassy car here.
Irani stayed at a hotel named Hotel High 5 and an analysis of his mobile phone number revealed that he had contacted Kazmi. The CCTV footage and other records of his stay at the hotel were seized, police said.
According to police, a scooter purchased by Irani for surveying the area near the Israeli embassy was seized from Kazmi’s house.
Police claimed that the phone records revealed that Kazmi was in contact with the other accused.
- Court takes note of charges against Kazmi - Aug 09, 2012
- Israeli embassy car bombing has foreign links: Police - Jul 19, 2012
- Police get more time to probe Israeli embassy car blast - Jul 20, 2012
- Israeli car blast: Delhi Police team to quiz Bangkok blast suspect - Mar 21, 2012
- Red corner notice to be issued for Iranians in Israeli car blast: Police - Mar 16, 2012
- Israeli car blast: Red Corner notice issued against four - Mar 23, 2012
- Israeli embassy car blast: Delhi Police team to go to Iran - Jul 31, 2012
- Israeli car blast: Delhi Police seeks MEA help for Iranians' extradition - Mar 15, 2012
- Israeli embassy car blast: Kazmi's plea to come up Oct 12 - Jul 30, 2012
- Court reserves order on Kazmi's plea (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- Israeli embassy car blast: Magistrate's decision set aside (Lead) - Jul 17, 2012
- Israeli embassy car bombing: Kazmi opposes court order - Jun 06, 2012
- Kazmi urges resumption of hearing in sessions court - Jul 11, 2012
- Israeli embassy car attack: Court issues notice to police - Jul 25, 2012
- Israeli embassy car bombing: Kazmi moves bail plea - Jul 13, 2012
Tags: central delhi, defence attache, delhi police, explosive device, explosive substances, irani, iranian nationals, iranians, israeli embassy, kazmi, magistrate, mehdi, mobile phone number, motorcycle rider, prevention act, sadr, syed ali, uapa, yehoshua, yossi