Kazakhstan to host Indian PM next year: EnvoyNovember 12th, 2010 - 8:41 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 12 (IANS) Kazakhstan is looking forward to expanding civil nuclear cooperation with India and hosting Prime Minister Manmohan Singh next year, the envoy of the energy-rich Central Asian country said here Friday.
Underlining his country’s desire to elevate the country’s relationship with India from the “potential to real partnership”, Kazakhstan’s Ambassador to India Doulat Kuanyshev said his country was seeking stronger relations with an emerging India and a “regional and global player”.
“We are working out the details and the date is yet to be finalised,” he said while referring to the visit by Manmohan Singh to Kazakhstan next year. He said several framework agreements are likely to be signed to during that visit, including many business deals.
Speaking at the Observer Research Foundation, a think tank, Kuanyshev said Kazakhstan had much to offer India, besides natural resources.
Kazakhstan would be keen to invest in Indian infrastructure projects and building nuclear plants, he said.
In a signal honour underlining its special ties with Kazakhstan, India had invited Kazakth President Nursultan Nazarbayev last year as chief guest at the Republic Day function.
An MoU between Nuclear Power Corporation of India and Kazakhstan’s state owned KazAtomProm for the supply of uranium was signed during Nazarbayev’s visit.
The two sides finalized a roadmap for implementing decisions taken during Nazarbayev’s visit when External Affairs Minister S.M. Krishna’s visited the oil-rich Central Asian country in May.
- On energy prowl, India to dig into Kazakh oil treasure - Apr 15, 2011
- Kazakhstan interested in buying Indian nuclear reactors - Apr 15, 2011
- Krishna to visit Kazakhstan Tuesday - May 07, 2010
- Krishna heads to Kazakhstan Tuesday, energy deals top agenda - May 10, 2010
- PM returns home after five-day foreign trip - Apr 17, 2011
- Kazakhstan wants India to build small n-reactors - Apr 15, 2011
- Indo-Kazakh ties to strengthen with peaceful uses of nuclear energy: PM - Apr 15, 2011
- Keen to enhance trade with Kazakhstan: Manmohan Singh - Apr 16, 2011
- India, Kazakhstan sign seven bilateral agreements (update) - Apr 16, 2011
- Kazakh president invites Manmohan to regional summit - Apr 13, 2010
- Had fruitful visits to China, Kazakhstan: PM - Apr 17, 2011
- Cultural affinity between India, Kazakhstan: PM - Apr 16, 2011
- India, Kazakhstan to unveil roadmap for strategic ties - Apr 16, 2011
- Krishna heads to Kazakhstan, energy tops agenda - May 11, 2010
- Kazakh embassy celebrates armed forces day - May 11, 2012
Tags: business deals, central asian country, chief guest, external affairs minister, framework agreements, global player, indian infrastructure, infrastructure projects, kazatomprom, krishna, manmohan, manmohan singh, nuclear cooperation, nuclear plants, nuclear power corporation, nursultan nazarbayev, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, republic day, research foundation