Kazakh president comes to India Jan 23, n-deal on the wayJanuary 14th, 2009 - 10:05 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 14 (IANS) India and Kazakhstan are set to invigorate their ties when they sign a nuclear pact and other economic agreements during the four-day visit of the energy-rich Central Asian country’s President Nursultan Nazarbayev that begins Jan 23.“The visit will further consolidate and provide fresh impetus to the bilateral relations,” the external affairs ministry said here Wednesday while announcing his visit.
This will be the fourth visit by Nazarbayev to India since 1992.
In a gesture underscoring growing ties between the two countries, India has invited the Kazakh president to be the guest of honour at the Republic Day parade.
India and Kazakhstan will sign a slew of agreements, including a uranium deal, during the visit, official sources said.
Kazakhstan will be the fourth country to sign a civil nuclear cooperation deal with India after the 45-nation Nuclear Suppliers Group ended three decades of nuclear apartheid against New Delhi Sep 6.
India has signed such agreements with the US, France and Russia in the last three months.
The nuclear deal will not just be confined to uranium supply, the sources said, adding it could also include joint exploration of nuclear fuel and setting up of atomic plants.
Kazakhstan has the world’s second largest uranium reserves and is the third largest producer of nuclear fuel.
Other agreements that are expected to be signed could include an intellectual property rights (IPR) pact under which Kazakhstan will accept Indian IPR on Basmati rice, Alphanso mangoes and Darjeeling tea.
- Kazakhstan wants India to build small n-reactors - Apr 15, 2011
- On energy prowl, India to dig into Kazakh oil treasure - Apr 15, 2011
- Kazakhstan to host Indian PM next year: Envoy - Nov 12, 2010
- Kazakh president arrives in India, to sign n-deal Saturday - Jan 24, 2009
- Kazakhstan interested in buying Indian nuclear reactors - Apr 15, 2011
- Indo-Kazakh ties to strengthen with peaceful uses of nuclear energy: PM - Apr 15, 2011
- Krishna heads to Kazakhstan Tuesday, energy deals top agenda - May 10, 2010
- PM returns home after five-day foreign trip - Apr 17, 2011
- Krishna to visit Kazakhstan Tuesday - May 07, 2010
- Keen to enhance trade with Kazakhstan: Manmohan Singh - Apr 16, 2011
- Nazarbayev to sign Indo-Kazakh Civil nuclear agreement - Jan 24, 2009
- India likely to sign uranium deal with Kazakhstan - Dec 21, 2008
- Cultural affinity between India, Kazakhstan: PM - Apr 16, 2011
- India, Kazakhstan sign civil n-pact, unveil strategic roadmap (Lead) - Apr 16, 2011
- Nuclear deal with Kazakhstan soon: Krishna - May 12, 2010