‘Kavita Chaudhary murder accused died unnatural death in jail’April 14th, 2009 - 11:19 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, April 14 (IANS) Ravindra Pradhan, the main accused in Meerut University professor Kavita Chaudhary’s murder, didn’t die a natural death in jail last year, a medical report has revealed.
The viscera report of Pradhan says glass pieces were found in his stomach, the Ghaziabad police chief Akhil Kumar said.
Pradhan was accused in the murder of Meerut’s Chaudhary Charan Singh University professor Kavita Chaudhary in 2006.
Undertrial Pradhan, who was in a highly secured Dasna Jail, complained of stomach pain in May 2008. He was rushed to a hospital where he died.
His autopsy report did not conclude the cause of death but viscera was preserved and was sent to a forensic lab. The report was submitted in August last year.
Dasna Jail Superintendent V.K. Singh said the copies of the report have been sent to the National Human Rights Commission and the Uttar Pradesh government.
He said a judicial enquiry was underway and refused to speak more on the matter.
The then Uttar Pradesh irrigation minister Merajuddin had to step down after Pradhan stated that he was involved in the murder of the university teacher.
- Two get life term for murder of Meerut university professor - Sep 23, 2011
- Three convicted for professor's murder - Sep 22, 2011
- Murder accused dies in Ghaziabad jail - May 30, 2008
- Fake degrees racket busted, three held - Sep 17, 2011
- Undertrial commits suicide in Uttar Pradesh prison - Sep 20, 2011
- Jayant Chaudhary's wife is cynosure at Congress-RLD rally - Feb 02, 2012
- Ex-cop talks of bid to doctor Aarushi's autopsy report - Aug 30, 2012
- Undertrial dies in Uttar Pradesh prison - Oct 30, 2011
- Dasna jail has seen 93 inmates dying since 1997 - Oct 20, 2009
- Notice to Uttar Pradesh government on medical officer's death - Jun 24, 2011
- Former UP official gets bail in graft case - Aug 08, 2012
- Ex-jail chief booked for prisoner's murder - Oct 21, 2010
- Seniors booked for ragging in Uttar Pradesh, one held - Sep 13, 2011
- Apex court declines to transfer provident fund scam trial to Delhi - Nov 12, 2009
- Fiza cremated in Chandigarh - Aug 07, 2012