Katy Perry feels she has a split personalityJune 29th, 2012 - 2:04 am ICT by IANS
London, June 29 (IANS) Singer Katy Perry says she is a mood dresser, and that her eccentric sense of dressing is sometimes a result of her mixed-up mind. She feels as though she has a split personality.
“My sense of style is like one of those things that change colour with mood, always evolving,” femalefirst.co.uk quoted Perry as saying.
“When I get up, I choose my outfit depending on my state of mind. If it is a ‘mixture of many things’ it is because I feel many different emotions at the same time, to the point where you feel you almost have a split personality.”
“Basically, in the past, my preferences were always directed towards styles that were daring; the flashier, shinier and imposing the dress the better, this is the reason why I still love the work of Jean Charles de Castelbajac and Jeremy Scott,” Perry added.
The 27-year-old pop star is a big fan of Madonna and she admires the way the ‘Queen of Pop’ constantly reinvents herself.
She hopes to be able to keep her music fresh and walk in Madonna’s shoes in terms of longevity.
Asked whose success she’d like to emulate, she told L’Uomo Vogue magazine: “I think Madonna - especially early in her career, when she was laying the foundations of her character - has been able to evolve constantly, managing to give the audience at every appearance a new visual interpretation and concept of herself.”
“She was able to keep up the interest of the people, because you never knew with what she would come out with the next time. And she has offered a solid and consistent musical product.”
“I hope to do the same, to make sure that people continue to be interested in me and in 10 years, to find out that I have produced songs that will never be forgotten.”
- Nicole Richie, a mood dresser - Jul 08, 2012
- Madonna upset with daughter's hair - Aug 03, 2012
- Perry hates costume changes - Apr 30, 2011
- Georgia calls Madonna her style icon - Jul 20, 2012
- Nida's 'Jadugaar' dress a hit with Lady Gaga - Oct 31, 2011
- Madonna fan of Middleton's style - Dec 07, 2011
- Nicole Richie's mood determines style - Mar 31, 2012
- Osbourne is a girly tomboy - Mar 17, 2011
- Emma not fashion conscious - Feb 02, 2012
- Lady Gaga inspires Raakesh Agarvwal's collection - Feb 17, 2012
- Madonna inspires Katy Perry's 3D movie - Apr 09, 2012
- I'm really quite traditional: Lady Gaga - May 21, 2011
- Falling in love has given me confidence to wear sexy clothes: Katy Perry - Jul 07, 2010
- Coleen Rooney launches her first fashion range for Littlewoods - Feb 16, 2011
- Katy Perry to launch beauty line - Feb 24, 2012
Tags: 10 years, appearance, audience, change colour, emotions, foundations, jean charles de castelbajac, jeremy scott, june 29, longevity, madonna, many things, mixture, pop star, queen of pop, shoes, split personality, uomo vogue, visual interpretation, vogue magazine