Kathak keeps Jiah Khan fit (Lead)September 6th, 2012 - 9:06 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 6 (IANS) Actress Jiah Khan, who made her debut with “Nishabd”, says kathak helps her keep in shape.
“I do kathak three times a week for two hours. Initially, when I started it, I used to do it everyday and I lost almost five kilos. It is the only exercise I do. I have been doing it for the last eight months,” Jiah told IANS.
“My mother is a kathak dancer and she used to tell me that you are in Bollywood, you should learn some Indian classical moves, so I joined her in Mumbai and I love it,” she said.
The 24-year-old was here Thursday to launch a book titled “Hair: Everything You Ever Wanted To Know”, written by Akshay Batra, managing director, Dr. Batra’s Positive Health Clinic Pvt. Ltd.
Also present was Bharatiya Janata Party leader Maneka Gandhi and Barry Stevens, trichologist and hair scientist and founder of the Trichological Society.
Sharing her secret for good hair, she said: “My mother has beautiful hair. I think it’s in my genes. So I don’t have to do much. But I do try and oil my hair regularly and take vitamins everyday.”
- Kathak keeps Jiah Khan fit - Sep 06, 2012
- 'Diabetes can be found out through hair test first' - Sep 06, 2012
- Never retired, never stopped dancing, says Birju Maharaj at 74 (Interview) - Feb 23, 2011
- Never retired, never stopped dancing, says Birju Maharaj at 75 (Lead, Interview) - Feb 23, 2011
- Housewife works out recipe for regrowing hair - Jan 18, 2011
- Never left Delhi behind: Parvin Dabas (Movie Snippets) - Sep 09, 2012
- 'Jhalak...' not a cake walk for Isha - Jun 29, 2012
- "I was nervous before 'Housefull' shoot" - Jiah - Apr 23, 2010
- Unusual pairings: The new recipe in Bollywood - Jun 19, 2012
- The face of India at Edinburgh fest (With Image) - Aug 12, 2012
Tags: actress, debut, dr batra, eight months, gandhi, genes, good hair, health clinic, janata party, jiah khan, kathak dancer, managing director, New Delhi, party leader, positive health, pvt ltd, scientist, three times, trichologist, vitamins