Kate Middleton lookalike becomes crowd-puller in CanadaApril 23rd, 2011 - 10:41 am ICT by IANS
Toronto, April 23 (IANS) British royal bride-to-be Kate Middleton has found her doppelganger in Canada.
A Canadian woman says she is having a tough time as she is being stopped by strangers on street because of her resemblance to Kate Middleton who marries Prince Williams April 29.
Kate Ryder, a legal counsel from Calgary, says she is being stopped by strangers at least a few times daily because she looks like Kate Middleton.
Interestingly, this Canadian woman shares her first and middle names - Kate Elizabeth - as well as her age - 29 - with the royal bride-to-be, according to a report in the Vancouver Sun.
“I was at a function just last week, and people were like, ‘What’s Kate Middleton doing in the bathroom?”’ Kate Ryder has been quoted as saying.
“It is just crazy. Random people will come up to me when I am walking to work and be like, ‘Oh Jesus, I thought the future queen of England was right there,’ ” she says.
Ryder says she was never keen on the royal family before, but now she looks to the royal bride-to-be for styling tips and will likely watch the wedding.
According to the report, while Ryder has been getting a kick out of the public attention, her husband Jon has taken photos of her with her hair curled, wearing a dress by Issa, the same designer who did Middleton’s blue engagement dress. But she says she has no plans to push her lookalike fun further.
“It seems like it would have been silly to go to law school then become a Kate Middleton lookalike, but we’ll see. You never know,” she has been quoted as saying.
- How Kate Middleton might look like on her wedding night - Mar 10, 2011
- Stores trading off on 'brand Kate Middleton' could be sued - Jan 10, 2011
- Move over Barbie! Kate Middleton doll is here - Mar 13, 2011
- Kate Middleton getting super-svelte for wedding - Apr 12, 2011
- Kate Middleton may wear Posh's dresses for honeymoon - Mar 22, 2011
- Middleton wants Victoria Beckham's dresses for honeymoon - Mar 23, 2011
- Vivienne Westwood thinks Kate Middleton needs to 'catch up with style' - Feb 22, 2011
- Kate Middleton releases intimate snaps ahead of her royal wedding - Mar 08, 2011
- Kate Middleton 'getting her wedding ring resized' - Apr 13, 2011
- Have a look at the big fat fake royal wedding! - Apr 02, 2011
- Has Kate Middleton picked Princess Diana's label for wedding dress? - Feb 06, 2011
- Kate Middleton to overtake Diana to become world's most talked-about woman - Apr 19, 2011
- Like Prince William, Kate Middleton too opts for low-key hen night - Mar 29, 2011
- Prince Harry's ex calls royal bride-to-be Kate Middleton to wish her luck - Nov 25, 2010
- Wills-Kate to stay out of spotlight for first 2 years of their marriage? - Jan 24, 2011
Tags: april 29, canada toronto, canadian woman, crowd puller, doppelganger, first and middle names, kate elizabeth, kate middleton, legal counsel, lookalike, prince williams, public attention, queen of england, resemblance, royal bride, royal family, ryder, styling tips, vancouver sun, woman shares