Kashmiri wrestlers invited to India-Pakistan eventMay 14th, 2012 - 1:18 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, May 14 (IANS) Top wrestlers from Jammu and Kashmir will participate in an India-Pakistan event to be organised by the Pakistan Style Wrestling Association in the first week of July.
Shiv Kumar Sharma, president of the Jammu and Kashmir Indian Style Wrestling Association, said the president of the Pakistani association, Tariq Mir, has invited them to participate in the event.
He said: “We in Jammu and Kashmir have also been extended an invitation by Pakistan for participation of our top wrestlers. So we have initiated a process to pick up some good participants.”
“These two nations playing indigenous games on either side would certainly pave the way for an improved relationship.
“The association is thankful to Tariq Mir for the invitation,” he said.
- Two Kashmir wrestlers to compete in Pakistan (Lead) - May 14, 2012
- 'Pakistani wrestlers to take part in Kashmir competition' - Oct 13, 2010
- Dushyant Sharma to head wrestling federation - Apr 16, 2011
- Former wrestlers take charge of WFI (Lead) - Apr 16, 2011
- Northeeast trade forum wants Sumo wrestling in Olympics - Feb 15, 2012
- I have opened doors for other women wrestlers: Geeta Phogat - Aug 30, 2012
- National Wrestling Championship from Oct 14 - Oct 05, 2011
- Delhi to host three-day wrestling championship next week - May 08, 2010
- PDP welcomes PM's Mohali invite to Pakistani leadership - Mar 26, 2011
- No link between Al-Qaeda and militancy in Kashmir: Omar - May 09, 2011
- Two-member Indian wrestling team for Golden Grand Prix - Jul 16, 2010
- Australia refuses visas to Pakistani wrestlers - Aug 03, 2011
- Oil tankers in Jammu and Kashmir call off strike - Jul 05, 2012
- Pakistani, Canadian wrestlers find support in Indian crowd - Oct 11, 2010
- We have to adapt to changing styles of wrestling: Sushil Kumar (Interview) - Apr 28, 2012