Kashmir police verify facts on those detained over blastSeptember 10th, 2011 - 10:35 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, Sep 10 (IANS) Investigations related to detention of some people in connection with the Delhi blast are at an advanced stage and Jammu and Kashmir police are verifying facts, an official said Saturday.
Director General of Police Kuldeep Khoda told IANS here: “We have detained some persons in connection with the investigations regarding the Delhi High Court blast.”
“The questioning of the detained persons is going on. I cannot tell you the exact details, but we are in the process of verifying facts and corroborating evidence.”
“A local businessman, detained for verification after he landed in Srinagar from Delhi, was allowed to go home Friday,” he said.
Asked about two Kashmiris arrested by Rajasthan police in Alwar district in connection with the blast, he said: “I have been told about the arrest of two persons by Rajasthan police in connection with their investigations into the blast.”
“We are coordinating with Rajasthan police and any comment about these persons would only be made after we are certain on facts and identities,” he said.
So far, five people, all of them belonging to the Kishtwar district in the Jammu region, have been detained.
A email sent from a cybercafe in the town had owned responsibility for the blast claiming that the reprisal attack had been carried out by the Harkat-ul-Jehadi Islami for seeking the release of parliament attack convict Afzal Guru, who is on death row.
- Delhi blast: Jammu and Kashmir Police verifying facts - Sep 10, 2011
- Delhi blast: All but two detainees released in Kashmir - Sep 13, 2011
- Delhi blast: Email suspects being quizzed - Sep 11, 2011
- NIA releases one of three arrested youth - Sep 24, 2011
- Don't detain Kashmiris without informing us: Kashmir government to states - Sep 12, 2011
- Chidambaram holds meeting with top security officials - Sep 08, 2011
- Delhi blast: No breakthrough - Sep 09, 2011
- Promising but no conclusive leads in Delhi blast: Chidambaram - Sep 09, 2011
- Delhi blast: Two more held from Kishtwar - Sep 15, 2011
- Kashmir youth no longer swayed by militancy, says police - Mar 10, 2012
- Afzal Guru denies link to Delhi blast - Sep 09, 2011
- HuJI e-mail sender arrested - Sep 09, 2011
- Delhi blast: Kashmir cops seek email suspects' remand - Sep 14, 2011
- Tension in Kashmir town over email arrests - Sep 12, 2011
- Delhi blast mastermind trapped in Kishtwar? - Nov 15, 2011
Tags: businessman, convict, cybercafe, death row, delhi high court, director general, exact details, guru, harkat ul, investigations, islami, jammu and kashmir, jammu region, kashmir, kashmiris, khoda, kuldeep, parliament, reprisal, two persons