Kashmir integral part of India, says KejriwalOctober 14th, 2011 - 7:21 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 14 (IANS) Clarifying Team Anna’s stand on Prashant Bhushan’s statement on Jammu and Kashmir, Arvind Kejriwal Friday said Kashmir was an integral part of India and denied any rift among team members.
Kejriwal denied any rift with Bhushan over the issue and said: “Bhushan is an important part of India Against Corruption and would remain in its core committee.”
“Our stand is that Kashmir is an integral part of India… it is a complex problem… any solution to it is possible through dialogue but within the boundaries of the Indian Constitution,” Kejriwal, a close aide of Anna Hazare, told reporters.
News reports cited Anna Hazare as saying that Bhushan might be removed from the core committee of his team over his Kashmir remarks.
Bhushan was Wednesday attacked by members of the Sri Ram Sene and the Bhagat Singh Kranti Sena in his Supreme Court chamber over his statement advocating a referendum in Kashmir.
Welcoming the Congress statement that the proposed Lokpal should be a constitutional body, Kejriwal said the party should first get the bill passed and then bring a constitutional amendment as it did not have a simple majority in parliament.
Earlier, Hazare slammed Bhushan for not clarifying that the views on Kashmir were his personal views.
“I will tell Prashant Bhushan, on such issues if you give your personal views, don’t give views on behalf of the team without permission of the team,” Hazare said in his Ralegan-Siddhi village in Maharashtra.
- Bhushan's Kashmir statement under Anna scanner (Roundup) - Oct 14, 2011
- Anna disagrees with Bhushan, team denies talk of removal - Oct 14, 2011
- Two Team Anna members quit, Bedi denies cracks (Roundup) - Oct 18, 2011
- Sack Bhushan in 24 hours, Shiv Sena tells Team Anna - Oct 14, 2011
- Team Anna going strong, will be revamped: Hazare (Second lead) - Oct 30, 2011
- Hazare begins vow of silence Sunday - Oct 15, 2011
- Anna denies rift in his team - Oct 17, 2011
- IAC meets Saturday as demand for new core group crops up - Oct 28, 2011
- Bhushan attacker warns Anna of 'traitors' - Oct 27, 2011
- Hazare seals his lips with indefinite 'maun vrat' - Oct 16, 2011
- Attacks pre-planned, claims Kejriwal - Oct 14, 2011
- Before assault, attacker wrote letter to Bhushan - Oct 14, 2011
- We're getting threats: Kejriwal - Oct 15, 2011
- Team Anna members meet Hazare - Oct 30, 2011
- Whither Team Anna? (News Analysis) - Oct 30, 2011
Tags: anna hazare, arvind kejriwal, bhagat singh, bhushan, constitutional amendment, constitutional body, core committee, indian constitution, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, kranti, New Delhi, news reports, personal views, prashant, referendum, sena, sene, sri ram, supreme court chamber