Kashmir Congress leader calls party minister corruptJanuary 29th, 2012 - 2:26 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, Jan 29 (IANS) A Congress leader in Jammu and Kashmir has accused a minister from his own party of being corrupt.
Former social welfare minister Abdul Gani Vakil, in a letter to Public Health Engineering Minister Taj Mohi-ud-Din, released Saturday night, alleged there were cases of corruption within the latter’s department.
Vakil alleged that corruption cases were pending against the minister in the “State Accountability Commission (SAC) and a land grabbing case” was going on against him in the high court.
Vakil, a loyalist of union Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad, also alleged that “various scams were surfacing from time to time in the public health engineering and irrigation departments”. A copy of the hard-hitting letter was sent to Congress president Sonia Gandhi.
However, Mohi-ud-Din, a confidant of Sonia Gandhi’s political secretary Ahmad Patel, called it a conspiracy against him.
“Vakil wanted the transfer of some engineers and other staff in the public health engineering and irrigation departments after having taken bribes from them. I did not oblige him, hence this tirade…He has been trying to blackmail other ministers too,” Mohi-ud-Din told IANS.
- Kashmir Congress infighting reaches new high (Kashmir Newsletter) - Feb 03, 2012
- Kashmir imposes usage charges on hydro projects - Feb 03, 2011
- Congress minister's pro-Omar remark draws party's flak - Oct 30, 2011
- PDP disrupts Kashmir assembly over corruption - Feb 24, 2012
- NHPC never had ownership rights over power projects: Kashmir - Jan 10, 2012
- Peerzada's ouster a dark shadow on Congress in Valley (Kashmir Newsletter) - Feb 11, 2012
- Soz asks Congress ministers to assist snow-hit valley - Jan 16, 2012
- Historical Chattabal weir in J-K restored - Dec 05, 2010
- Poor road connectivity affects local life in Baramulla - Aug 08, 2010
- Infrastructure work satisfies Srinagar residents - Nov 11, 2010
- Pakistan team to assess Jammu lake project - Feb 04, 2011
- Kashmir Congress works at unity to seek portfolios - Feb 17, 2012
- Kashmir cabinet panel to meet Saturday over panchayat polls - Jan 28, 2011
- Three border villagers arrested with Pak SIMs - Sep 12, 2012
- Congress lambasts Omar for acting in 'arbitrary manner' - Oct 27, 2011
Tags: accountability commission, ahmad, bribes, confidant, congress leader, congress president sonia gandhi, corruption cases, ghulam nabi azad, health minister, irrigation, jammu and kashmir, jan 29, kashmir, political secretary, public health engineering, sac, scams, social welfare minister, tirade, vakil