Kasab suffering from stomach ulcersJune 25th, 2009 - 9:56 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 25 (IANS) Pakistani terrorist Ajmal Amir Kasab has been diagnosed with stomach ulcers and is under treatment inside the jail here, the special court hearing the Mumbai terror attacks trial was informed Thursday.
Special Public Prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam said 21-year-old Kasab is being currently treated by a doctor of the Arthur Road Central Jail, where he is lodged and where Judge M. L. Tahilyani is conducting the 26/11 trial.
The matter came to light during the evidence recording of a witness when Kasab stood up and complained of pain in the stomach and wanted permission to go back to his cell.
Nikam informed the judge that on an earlier occasion Kasab had complained of stomach aches and ulcers were detected. Recently, during one of the hearing, he had complained of giddiness in the court.
Ordering medical treatment for the accused, Tahilyani allowed him to return to his cell after he was identified by a witness in the afternoon.
Nikam said in a lighter vein that Kasab’s medical condition had nothing to do with the food he was eating in the jail.
“In fact, he had been suffering from ulcers even when he was in Pakistan and even after the 26/11 terror attacks,” Nikam told IANS.
Asked whether his terror masters did not conduct Kasab’s medical tests before sending a sick terrorist on an assignment to India, Nikam merely laughed.
“They are not bothered about these things, they lure young boys with some money and send them to their deaths,” he added.
- Time line of Ajmal Amir Kasab's trial - May 02, 2010
- 26/11: Pak judicial panel to begin India visit Wednesday - Mar 13, 2012
- Kasab's terror trial on its last lap (One Year after 26/11) - Nov 15, 2009
- Timeline of 26/11 case - Feb 21, 2011
- 26/11 case: Bombay High Court dismisses Kasab's juvenile plea - Dec 14, 2010
- Man in egg cell who costs India high - Nov 25, 2010
- Timeline of Mumbai terror attacks trial - May 02, 2010
- Full of drama, ups and downs, Kasab trial ends - Mar 31, 2010
- Kasab is over 20 years old - medical examiners tell court - Apr 28, 2009
- 26/11: Pakistani judicial panel begins visit to India (Lead) - Mar 15, 2012
- Timeline in 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks trial - Mar 31, 2010
- Its crystal clear who masterminded 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks: Sonia Gandhi - Nov 02, 2010
- Judgement Day for 26/11 terrorist (Lead) - May 02, 2010
- Mumbai terrorist's fate to be sealed Monday - May 02, 2010
- 26/11 case: Kasab appears via video-conferencing in Bombay High Court - Oct 21, 2010
Tags: ajmal, arthur road, central jail, deaths, giddiness, India, masters, medical condition, medical tests, medical treatment, money, nikam, pakistan, public prosecutor, stomach ulcers, suffering from, terror attacks, witness, young boys