Kasab gets teary-eyed after seeing 26/11 picsJune 15th, 2009 - 9:36 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 15 (IANS) The lone surviving terrorist from the 26/11 Mumbai attacks, Mohammed Ajmal Amir Kasab became emotional after a witness identified him and showed photographs of the victims in a court here Monday.
On seeing the nearly 100 photographs shot by witness and photo-journalist Sebastian D’Souza, Kasab’s eyes became moist and he wiped off the tears.
When Special Judge M.L. Tahilyani asked him what the matter was, Kasab said he was feeling uncomfortable and ill.
The judge said that if his condition worsened, he would issue orders to provide him with medical treatment.
“That was nothing but crocodile tears shed by the accused to gain sympathy of the people. We should ignore it,” Special Public Prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam later told IANS.
D’Souza, a senior photographer with Mumbai Mirror tabloid, had shot the pictures inside Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus on the night of Nov 26 last year which showed Kasab and his associate Abu Ismail indiscriminately shooting commuters, killing more than 50 and injuring many more.
Nikam said that D’Souza’s evidence is of significance as apart from being an eyewitness he has also clicked shocking pictures of the terror carnage and the court has taken 20 pictures on record.
Some of these photographs show Kasab and Ismail firing at the people inside the crowded railway terminus while other photos show them holding AK-47 assault rifles.
There are also pictures of the bodies of the policemen killed and some of the victims of attack.
D’Souza said he had left his office, located right outside the railway station, to get to Taj Mahal Palace hotel when he heard explosions inside the terminus.
D’Souza said in his deposition before the court that he saw two gunmen shooting near the main waiting hall inside the station but could not click pictures owing to poor light. Finally, he shot the pictures from the suburban railway section.
- Kasab breaks down after watching 26/11 attack photos - Jun 15, 2009
- Mumbai prosecutor Nikam demands death sentence for Kasab - May 04, 2010
- 26/11 case: Nikam says he will challenge acquittal of co-accused - May 03, 2010
- Mumbai court to hear arguments, may sentence Kasab today - May 04, 2010
- Kasab's quantum of punishment to be decided on May 6 - May 04, 2010
- Mumbai court charges Kasab with waging war against India - May 03, 2010
- 26/11 terror attacks: Mumbai Court to pronounce verdict today - May 03, 2010
- 26/11 terror attack: Mumbai Court to pronounce verdict tomorrow - May 02, 2010
- Screening of 26/11 CCTV footage at Kasab trial today - Jun 18, 2009
- Photographer who shot Kasab firing not proud of his pictures - Nov 26, 2009
- Timeline of case against Kasab - Aug 29, 2012
- Kasab gets the noose for 26/11 attack (Third Lead) - May 06, 2010
- I always wanted to make a dance film: Remo D'Souza - Jun 05, 2012
- 'Killing machine' Kasab deserves death: Nikam (Second Lead) - May 04, 2010
- Girl injured in 26/11 identifies terrorist Kasab - Jun 10, 2009