Karun Chandhok to drive in Friday practice at Valencia GPJune 22nd, 2011 - 5:55 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, June 22 (IANS) Team Lotus Wednesday confirmed that its reserve driver Karun Chandhok will be driving the T128 for the first practice session of the Formula One (F1) European Grand Prix in Valencia this weekend.
Chandhok had previously driven the T128 in Free Practice-1 in Australia and Turkey this year and had stated that he will be taking part in a number of Friday practice sessions for the team in 2011.
Karun will be providing the team inputs to optimise the T128’s performance, besides performing his ambassadorial role for the team as one of its official drivers, according to a press release here.
“I am definitely looking forward to driving the T128 again to get more miles under my belt. I have not had much running in the car and my aim will be to get more comfortable with the car and add as much value as I can to the team,” said Karun.
“I quite enjoy driving at Valencia and did quite well last year. The track is not a traditional street circuit as it is very wide with quite a few run-off areas unlike Monaco or Montreal. There are long straights and low speed corners where you have to jump the kerbs to be quick.
“It is great to see how the team has improved vastly since the start of the season so am confident of a good session.”
The Chennai-based driver made his F1 debut last season when he drove for back grid team Hispania.
- Chandhok to be reserve driver for Team Lotus - Mar 22, 2011
- Painful to watch race from sidelines: Karun Chandhok - Oct 25, 2011
- It is tough but Indian GP track will be ready, says Chandhok - Jul 06, 2011
- Chandhok eyeing test driver's spot in F1 - Jan 28, 2011
- Karun's hopes of Indian GP still hang in balance - Oct 23, 2011
- I'll try to be in F1 as long as I can: Chandhok (Interview) - Oct 27, 2011
- Karun Chandhok moves to touring cars - Jan 12, 2012
- Karun to race in German Grand Prix as Trulli steps aside - Jul 21, 2011
- An emotional and special moment: Mallya - Oct 28, 2011
- Karthikeyan to test new car only a week before Bahrain opener - Jan 26, 2011
- Chandhok eighth fastest in World Endurance qualifier - May 05, 2012
- Motorsports: Karun, team fourth in Sao Paulo practice - Sep 14, 2012
- Chandhok set for Le Mans debut - Jun 14, 2012
- FI driver Chandhok in talks with Force India for 2011 season - Nov 11, 2010
- FIA approves name changes for three F1 teams - Nov 07, 2011