Karnataka ombudsman raids homes of two IAS officersDecember 27th, 2011 - 11:33 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, Dec 27 (IANS) Police attached to Karnataka Lokayukta (ombudsman) Tuesday raided residences of two Indian Administrative Service officers and claimed to have found unaccounted wealth amounting to about Rs.58 million.
The officers under the scanner are Siddaiah, till recently commissioner of the Bangalore civic body, and M. A. Sadiq, managing director of Karnataka Neeravari Nigam (Karnataka Irrigation Corporation), Additional Director General of Police H. N. Satyanarayana Rao told reporters here.
The police also raided the residence of M. V. Veerabhadraiah, a Karnataka Administrative Service officer, he said.
Rao said raids showed Siddaiah owned unaccounted assets worth Rs. 19 million, Sadiq Rs.16 million and Veerabhadraiah Rs.23 million.
He said scrutiny of various documents belonging to the three officers was on and further investigation will continue.
- Ombudsman files FIR against Yeddyurappa in graft case (Lead) - Aug 10, 2011
- Bangalore civic body caught in Rs.15 bn scandal - Dec 04, 2011
- Yeddyurappa seeks anticipatory bail in graft cases - Aug 16, 2011
- Three Karnataka ex-CMs named in mining scam FIR - Dec 08, 2011
- Ombudsman raids offices, homes of Deve Gowda's son - Oct 14, 2011
- Deve Gowda's yet another son faces probe over assets - Sep 24, 2011
- Lokayukta raids house, offices of Yeddyurappa's kin - Sep 20, 2011
- Row over transfer of Karnataka top cop probing graft - Nov 12, 2011
- Illegal mining: Embarrassment for Congress as Krishna faces probe - Dec 03, 2011
- Karnataka ombudsman raids six sub-registrar offices - Aug 09, 2011
- Anti-corruption raids of officials yields crores - Jan 13, 2012
- Digvijay questions Advani over Yeddyurappa probe - Nov 12, 2011
- Rs.10-crore haul in Lokayukta raids on officials - Jul 22, 2011
- Court rejects Yeddyurappa plea to quash corruption cases - Jan 31, 2012
- Ex-PM Deve Gowda's 'threat' to top cop under probe - Nov 13, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,