Karnataka officer’s murder case solved, four held: PoliceJune 7th, 2012 - 11:13 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, June 7 (IANS) Four people, including a cashier in a cooperative credit society in Bangalore, were arrested Thursday for the fatal attack on a Karnataka government officer known to have exposed scams in several such financial societies, police said.
S.P. Mahantesh, 48, was killed on a contract given by the cashier, Kiran Kumar, who feared that his misappropriation of the society’s cash would be exposed as the officer had begun auditing the accounts, Bangalore City Police Commissioner B.G. Jyothiprakash Mirji told reporters here.
Mahantesh, deputy director in the audit wing of the state cooperative department, was found seriously injured near a hotel in central Bangalore on the night of May 15. He died in a hospital five days later.
Mirji said search is on for one more assailant.
He said Kiran, 25, was a cashier at the Shahakar Nagar cooperative credit society in east Bangalore and had used its money to lead a lavish life. Since Mahantesh had begun auditing the accounts, Kiran feared exposure and gave money to his four friends to kill Mahantesh, Mirji said.
- Karnataka officer pays with life for exposing land scam - May 20, 2012
- Four held over murder of Karnataka officer - May 21, 2012
- 11 terror suspects held, 'catastrophe' averted: Karnataka Police (Lead) - Aug 30, 2012
- Vigil stepped up in Bangalore - Jul 14, 2011
- 11 terror suspects held, catastrophe averted (Second Lead) - Aug 30, 2012
- Four lawyers held for attack on Bangalore journalists (Lead) - Mar 04, 2012
- Police assure protection to Karnataka Lokayukta officials - Jul 23, 2011
- Medical seat sale racket busted in Karnataka - Oct 03, 2011
- One more terror suspect held in Bangalore, total now 13 - Sep 02, 2012
- Congress corporator hacked to death in Bangalore - Oct 01, 2011
- Lawyers' protest clogs central Bangalore - Jan 17, 2012
- Panic subsides in Karnataka, people flee Maharashtra (Intro-Roundup) - Aug 17, 2012
- Bangalore lawyers assault mediapersons - Mar 02, 2012
- Cyclone Thane clouds year-end revelry in Bangalore - Dec 30, 2011
- Bangalore lawyers face criminal cases for traffic chaos - Jan 18, 2012
Tags: assailant, cashier, city police, credit society, deputy director, four friends, government officer, karnataka government, kiran kumar, lavish life, misappropriation, money, murder case, police commissioner, scams