Karnataka legislator’s wife found dead in DelhiJune 15th, 2008 - 10:25 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 15 (IANS) Padmapriya, Karnataka legislator K. Raghupathi Bhat’s wife who had been missing for the past five days, was found dead from a Delhi locality Sunday, the police said. Her body was found from Dwarka in southwest Delhi, they said, adding further details were awaited.
The body was taken to the Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Hospital for post-mortem examination.
Padmapriya, 35, was missing since June 10 when she left her home in Udupi, on Karnataka’s west coast, to go to her parents’ house 30 km away.
The car Padmapriya drove was found at Kunjargiri near Udupi. A SIM card and broken bangles were recovered from the car, the Karnataka police had said earlier.
The 39-year-old Bhat, a second-time Bharatiya Janata party (BJP) legislator, and Padmapriya, a housewife, have two sons.
The police in Udupi said that Padmapriya’s family had lodged a missing person complaint only Friday morning.
- Karnataka legislator's wife kills self in Delhi (Lead, Changing dateline) - Jun 15, 2008
- Autopsy on Karnataka legislator's wife being done: police - Jun 16, 2008
- Man slashed to death in capital - Jan 13, 2011
- Three police officials suspended for dereliction of duty - Jan 26, 2012
- Karnataka legislator's wife missing for three days - Jun 13, 2008
- Congress leader dies in mysterious circumstances - Aug 10, 2012
- Woman jumps from court building, critically injured - May 06, 2011
- Policeman's body found in Delhi canal - Jul 27, 2012
- Karnataka MLA blames friend in wife's death - Jun 17, 2008
- Businessman found strangled in Delhi - Aug 29, 2011
- Missing girl's body found in drain - Feb 23, 2011
- Crime capital records five rapes in three days - Feb 28, 2012
- Harassed over dowry, woman commits suicide - May 10, 2011
- Friend murdered Delhi engineer for ransom, buried body (Lead) - Apr 06, 2012
- Delhi police hunt for lead in teenager's murder (Lead) - Jan 03, 2011