Karkare family deprived of insurance claim due to lapse: BJPDecember 24th, 2008 - 10:31 pm ICT by IANS
Nagpur, Dec 24 (IANS) The family of slain Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) chief Hemant Karkare could not get his insurance amount of Rs.1 million as the Maharashtra government had failed to deposit the agency’s group insurance premium, senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Gopinath Munde alleged in the state assembly Wednesday.Participating in the debate on the law and order situation in the state, Munde described the serious lapse as a social crime and demanded enquiry into it followed by stern action against the guilty.
Home Minister Jayant Patil immediately assured Munde that the matter would be examined and responsibility for the lapse fixed soon.
Karkare died while combatting the terrorists who struck Mumbai on the night of Nov 26.
- Mumbai Police Crime Branch to probe 26/11 terror strikes - Dec 24, 2008
- Digvijay Singh's statements benefit Pakistan: BJP - Jan 05, 2011
- Mumbai MP asserts Karkare killed by Pakistani terrorists - Dec 12, 2010
- Digvijaya Singh presents call records, demands apology - Jan 04, 2011
- No need for me to lie on Karkare remarks: Digvijay Singh - Dec 14, 2010
- BJP leaders questioned Karkare's integrity, asserts Digvijay - Dec 14, 2010
- Rajnath demands probe against Digvijay - Dec 11, 2010
- Kavita Karkare gets sympathetic hearing from Sonia Gandhi (Lead) - Nov 23, 2009
- BJP holds rally against 'mafia rule' in Maharashtra - Mar 14, 2011
- Congress saw 'political opportunity' post 26/11: WikiLeaks (Lead) - Dec 11, 2010
- Digvijay's remarks on Karkare personal, says Congress - Dec 11, 2010
- No talks between Digvijay Singh, Karkare, claims VHP leader - Jan 03, 2011
- Digvijay now targets Advani, BJP seeks apology from Congress - Dec 12, 2010
- Police officer elated after getting vehicle used by Karkare - Feb 04, 2011
- Misplacing Karkare's bulletproof vest was shoddy; Chidambaram - Nov 26, 2009