Kareena shows different shades of Bollywood ‘heroine’ (With Images)July 23rd, 2012 - 4:25 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 23 (IANS) A picture is worth a thousand words and the first look of Madhur Bhandarkar’s “Heroine”, with Kareena Kapoor lying upside down, wearing a golden attire, surrounded by film magazines, and an empty glass of wine thrown away, does just that for the movie.
“Heroine” delves into the behind-the-scenes life of an actress in the Indian film industry and the first poster of the film itself is self-explanatory. It indicates where the glitz and glamour of the film world can take an individual.
She displays the range of a Bollywood actress in another poster, in which it seems she has gone back to her “Chameli” and “Chammak challo” avatar. She looks chic in a unique, red sari teamed with a daring, blue net blouse. The look is for an item song titled “Halkat jawaani”, and is also reminiscent of Vidya Balan’s look from “The Dirty Picture”.
The film’s plot itself is a reminder of Bhandarkar’s National Award-winning film “Fashion”, which uncovered the dark reality of the Indian fashion world and the fate of models who taste success and their gradual downfall.
Will “Heroine” be a mix of “Fashion” and “The Dirty Picture” is something viewers will have to wait until its release Sep 21.
Bhandarkar had launched “Heroine” at the Cannes International Film Festival last year with Aishwarya Rai as the lead. But later, the actress had to opt out of the project after she became pregnant.
Kareena stepped in to essay the role, and she is said to have delivered her best so far in the film.
- Kareena cruises on stardom in Dubai (With Image) - Sep 04, 2012
- Bollywood incomplete without Salman: Kareena - Sep 18, 2012
- Itsy-bitsy cholis spice up Bollywood (Feature) - Dec 03, 2011
- No 'Heroine' at Cannes film festival: Bhandarkar - Apr 17, 2012
- 'Heroine' will be Kareena's best film: Karisma - Aug 26, 2012
- Kareena not 'getting into anyone's shoes' for 'Heroine' - Jul 26, 2012
- 'Heroine' trailer crosses 2 mn hits on YouTube (Movie Snippets) - Aug 01, 2012
- 'Heroine' gets A-certificate (Movie Snippets) - Jul 14, 2012
- Kareena to do item number in 'Heroine' - Mar 28, 2012
- Bollywood wakes up to women-centric themes - Dec 10, 2011
- Bhatt praises Randeep's work in 'Jannat 2' - Apr 27, 2012
- Inside track of actresses' lives - the fascination continues - Aug 18, 2012
- Big heroines don't need item numbers: Hema Malini - Jun 04, 2012
- No casting finalised for 'Heroine': UTV - Aug 10, 2011
- Heroine far from being hero in Bollywood: Kareena - Mar 16, 2012
Tags: aishwarya rai, bollywood actress, cannes international film festival, chameli, dark reality, empty glass, fashion world, film fashion, film magazines, film world, glass of wine, glitz and glamour, indian fashion, indian film industry, international film festival, kareena kapoor, madhur bhandarkar, release sep, vidya balan, will heroine