Karan Thapar joins INX News as editorial advisorFebruary 26th, 2008 - 11:56 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, Feb 26 (IANS) Journalist Karan Thapar has been appointed editorial advisor of INX’s soon-to-be-launched English news channel NewsX. “ITV is delighted to accept a special project from NewsX to advise it on how to become one of the most exciting news channels available in India,” said Karan in a press release.
INX News, a part of INX Network, has signed up with Karan’s company ITV (Infotainment Television Private Limited) as the editorial advisor and the services will comprise a review of the progress and consultancy on future editorial development of the channel.
Indrani Mukerjea, chairperson INX News, said: “With the expertise of the editorial and operations team at NewsX, we are ready to provide the highest quality of intelligent news for today’s audience.”
Karan started ITV in 2001 and has done work for the BBC, Channel News Asia, CNBC TV18, CNN-IBN and Doordarshan among other channels.
INX Media Pvt Ltd, which is also a part of INX Network, launched a general Hindi entertainment channel 9X, and Hindi Music channel for youth 9XM last year.
- INX News sold to Indi Media Company Pvt. Ltd. - Jan 09, 2009
- INX Network launches English news channel - Mar 27, 2008
- Sun Network In Strategic Alliance With Network18 To Form Sun18 - Jul 21, 2010
- INX Network to launch 9 regional channels this year - Mar 27, 2008
- Sound of music once more - on Indian TV channels - Apr 02, 2012
- Comedy Central now in India - Jan 18, 2012
- INX News launches news website - Apr 22, 2008
- NewsX to go Free to Air - Sep 12, 2009
- Difficult to support Congress candidate, says Patnaik - May 04, 2012
- 9X launches Punjabi music channel - Aug 30, 2011
- Forced to think of guidelines for social sites: Sibal - Dec 09, 2011
- Cultural genocide taking place in Tibet, says Dalai Lama - Nov 19, 2010
- Reliance Capital to buy 18 percent stake in Bloomberg UTV - Jun 16, 2010
- I would have apologised for Abbottabad: Musharraf - May 08, 2011
- Nooyi, Warrior, Mukerjea in WSJ's 50 women to watch list - Nov 10, 2008