Karan Tacker prefers roles closer to his ageAugust 4th, 2012 - 2:42 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 4 (IANS) TV actor Karan Tacker, 26, is more comfortable playing roles closer to his age, and says he would not be okay with a 20-year leap in any of his shows.
“When I just joined the industry, I was offered ‘Yeh Rishta kya Kehlata Hai’. First I accepted it, but then I thought that I was too young to play a husband and I wasn’t ready in my head, so I backed out,” Karan told IANS.
“I selected a younger role in ‘Love Ne Bana Di Jodi’. It was more notorious and something which I could relate to. It is very important for an actor to go through something so that he can portray it on screen,” he added.
Now that he has matured in real life, it reflects in his characters on screen too.
“As I have matured in life, so have my characters, from Sameer in ‘Love Ne Bana Di Jodi’ to Shantanu in ‘Rang Badalti Odhani’,” said the actor, who is unmarried, and he plays a married man Viren in “Ek Hazaron Mein Meri Behna Hai”.
However, even as big shows like “Bade Achche Lagte Hain” and “Parichay” are testing the time leap formula, Karan says in case his show decides to try a big time leap, he will have to reconsider being a part of it.
“It depends on the leap! If it’s something like 20 years, I don’t think I will be okay with it. My show is not looking at (such) a leap right now, and if it does, I won’t be okay with it,” said Karan.
Meanwhile, he is happy anchoring shows and live events off and on.
Starting his career as the host of Star Plus show “Star Sansar”, and having hosted the International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) Rocks green carpet this year, Karan says he would like to take this aspect more seriously.
“I took up ‘Star Sansar’ just because I needed to work and I didn’t want to refuse. But now I enjoy hosting. I’ve tried my hand at ‘Star Parivaar’, ‘Star Parivaar ka Tyohaar’ and IIFA. Now I want to host more,” he said.
- Bonding with co-stars works for romantic film: SRK - Sep 26, 2011
- Rucha returns to small screen with 'Rang Badalti Odhani' - May 13, 2010
- Not dating Krystle D'Souza: Karan Tacker (TV Snippets) - Aug 06, 2012
- Karan Becomes Ranbir Kapoor With A Song Sequence! - Aug 13, 2010
- (VM) I just got lucky, says SRK on 20 years in B-Town - Jun 25, 2012
- "I Think It Is Very Cheap To Link Me with Shahid Kapoor and Ranveer Who Are My Good Buddies When the Truth Is That I Do Not Have Any Boy Friend" - Anushka Sharma - May 05, 2010
- I was very scared of Rishi Kapoor initially: Anushka Sharma - Jan 30, 2011
- I won't do reality shows: Vivan Bhatena - May 06, 2010
- Vinay Pathak misses Ranvir Shorey in 'Bheja Fry 2' - Jun 14, 2011
- Working with new actors a learning experience: SRK - Aug 06, 2012
- ‘India Ne Banadi Jodi’ To Be Aired On Sony TV On 2nd January - Dec 30, 2010
- 'Rab Ne...' will always remain special: Anushka Sharma - Dec 10, 2011
- Crimes in showbiz: Who's to blame? - Apr 23, 2012
- "Star One Always Ask Male Protagonist To Expose"-Karan Tacker - Aug 02, 2010
- I'm single and ready to mingle: Shahid Kapoor - Jan 13, 2010