Karadzic arrives in the NetherlandsJuly 30th, 2008 - 1:01 pm ICT by IANS
The Hague, July 30 (DPA) A plane carrying Serbian war crimes suspect Radovan Karadzic arrived at Rotterdam airport in the Netherlands, said reports Wednesday. Karadzic was arrested in Belgrade July 21 on charges of genocide and crimes against humanity committed during the Bosnian war from 1992 to 1995.
Karadzic is to be transferred by helicopter to the UN tribunal in The Hague, where he faces the charges.
Karadzic said he would defend himself in The Hague.
- Mladic arrives in The Hague to face war crimes charges - Jun 01, 2011
- Karadzic denies genocide charges in Bosnia - Jun 12, 2012
- War crimes suspect Hadzic extradited to The Hague - Jul 22, 2011
- 'Humanitarian convoys smuggled weapons in Bosnia war' - May 11, 2010
- Bosnia war could have been avoided: Karadzic - Dec 29, 2009
- Bosnia war witness says paramilitary raped Muslims - Sep 07, 2012
- Ratko Mladic transferred from prison hospital to cell - Jun 06, 2011
- Bosnian Serb leader's trial set to resume - Sep 04, 2010
- Karadzic brought to detention centre to stand trial (Lead) - Jul 30, 2008
- Serbia war crimes suspect Mladic may have been held - May 26, 2011
- Clashes erupt in Serbia protest against Mladic arrest - May 30, 2011
- Karadzic wanted Bosnian Muslims wiped off from the 'face of the earth' - Oct 28, 2009
- Seven Bosnian Serbs convicted for Srebrenica massacre (Lead) - Jun 10, 2010
- A mountain of paper, little time in Bosnian Serb leader's case - Oct 24, 2009
- Remains of 11 people found near Serbia-Bosnia border - Sep 14, 2010