Kanye West angers PETA with songApril 7th, 2012 - 4:09 pm ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, April 7 (IANS) Rapper-turned-fashion designer Kanye West has taunted animal rights organisation People for Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) in a new song “Theraflu”.
The song’s lyrics, “Someone tell PETA my mink (coat) is draggin’ on the floor,” have upset the organisation.
PETA executives had criticised West for stepping out in a fur coat, following which he decided to create the jibe.
Dan Mathews, senior vice president of PETA, has slammed West for the jibe, but admits he still hopes the rapper will eventually renounce fur, reports contactmusic.com.
“‘What’s draggin’ on the floor’ is Kanye’s reputation as a man with no empathy for animals or human beings. He’s a great musician but doesn’t seem to have the fashion sense to design anything more than caveman costumes,” said Mathews.
“We keep hoping that one day he’ll find his heart and join evolved style icons - including Russell Simmons, Pink and Natalie Portman - who have dropped animal skins,” he added.
- Kanye West insists on designer crockery - May 29, 2012
- West slams mens' fashion in US - May 10, 2012
- Lewis calls West's song awful - May 09, 2012
- Kardashian spent night with West? - Apr 24, 2012
- West prefers Kim's natural look - May 23, 2012
- PETA slams Kanye West for wearing fur - Jan 31, 2010
- Kim Kardashian's sister wants her to date Kanye - Mar 15, 2012
- West surprises at Kim's jewellery launch - May 13, 2012
- West wants to build amusement park - May 30, 2012
- Kim Kardashian wants to adopt a baby - May 04, 2012
- Karl Lagerfeld's cat launches her own Twitter account - Jun 07, 2012
- Kanye West to launch his clothing line? - Jul 18, 2011
- Kanye West Retorts On Being Criticized About Wearing Fur - Jan 31, 2010
- PETA brands Brooke Shields 'fur pimp' - Jun 05, 2010
- Kardashian in trouble with PETA, again - Jun 20, 2012
Tags: angers, animal skins, caveman costumes, criticised, empathy, ethical treatment of animals, fashion designer, fashion sense, fur coat, kanye west, mathews, mink coat, natalie portman, people for ethical treatment of animals, peta, Russell Simmons, senior vice president, style icons, theraflu, treatment of animals