Kanpur hospital employee held for molesting French touristJune 8th, 2009 - 1:45 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, June 8 (IANS) An employee of a hospital in Uttar Pradesh’s Kanpur town was arrested Monday for allegedly molesting a 24-year-old French tourist, police said.
“The employee with the Hailet hospital in Kanpur district molested the French girl, whose fiance is undergoing treatment for diarrhoea in the hospital,” Deputy Inspector General (DIG) of Kanpur H.R. Sharma told IANS over telephone.
The incident took place Sunday morning. Ranveer Singh, a ward boy in the hospital, on the pretext of administering medicines to the foreign patient entered his room and molested the French woman, Sharma said.
Singh fled the spot when the victim raised an alarm. She later registered a written complaint with the hospital administration, he added.
“We received the complaint Sunday evening, following which we carried out an identification parade of all the hospital employees in front of the French girl,” Sharma said.
But Singh was not present for the identification parade. This raised a suspicion and he was arrested. The French woman identified Singh when he was produced before her Monday morning.
The woman and her fiance, who hails from Britain, had earlier visited Agra and then they boarded a train for Patna in Bihar. But they got down at Kanpur, some 80 km from here, when the French woman’s fiance complained of severe stomach ache.
- Two held for molesting minors in Bengal - Sep 02, 2012
- Woman molested in Delhi hospital - May 29, 2012
- Gym employee rapes colleague, held - Jun 28, 2011
- Headmaster held for molesting girls - Sep 26, 2011
- American woman goes to Delhi women's panel against Mallya - May 19, 2012
- IPL player gets bail, American woman sends Mallya legal notice (Roundup) - May 19, 2012
- Driver arrested for molesting French tourist - Sep 04, 2012
- Four more rape cases, attack on women reported in UP - Jun 20, 2011
- Doctor molests minor during check-up, held - Nov 29, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh's fifth rape case in a day (Lead) - Jun 21, 2011
- IPL molestation case: Peerzada discharged from hospital - May 21, 2012
- Molested French tourist escapes - Jan 04, 2012
- IPL player Luke Pomersbach gets bail (Lead) - May 19, 2012
- Flames, hot tongs kill woman visiting quack - Apr 13, 2011
- Siddharth Mallya questions victim's character, losses cool - May 18, 2012