Kannada teen sensation Amoolya back with ‘Chaithradha Chandrama’August 27th, 2008 - 12:05 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, Aug 27 (IANS) Kannada teen actress Amoolya, who became very popular with her debut film “Cheluvina Chiththaara”, is back to woo her fans with “Chaithradha Chandrama” and hopes it repeats the success story of her first movie.Releasing Sep 4, “Chaithradha Chandrama” is directed by S. Narayan, who had made Amoolya’s first film that became a silver jubilee. And the movie’s success was attributed to the 17-year-old actress.
“When Narayan sir called me for ‘Chaithradha Chandrama’, I was extremely happy. I have done what he told me to do. My first film was a silver jubilee hit and I just hope that this film too turns out to be a blockbuster,” said Amoolya.
The young actress maintained that Narayan should be credited for her success in the film world.
“Narayan sir should be given full credit for my popularity. And ‘Chaitradha Chandrama’ will be another big film for me. When Narayan sir called me, I was extremely happy. I have done what the director had told me. My first film was a silver jubilee hit and I will just hope that this film will also turn out to be a blockbuster,” she said.
Amoolya was a child artiste before she made her debut as a heroine in “Cheluvina Chiththaara”, a remake of Tamil Hit “Kadhal”.
The film brought her so much popularity that fans used to queue outside Amoolya’s school in Bangalore to get a glimpse of her. But with all this popularity, Amoolya was not able to sign more films because her school refused to give her leave.
But she shot for “Chaithradha Chandrama” during her summer holidays.
“I was also more interested to complete my studies. Though acting in films was my passion, I was very attached to studies. Even my parents wanted me to finish my matriculation. Later I will think over what I have to do. I may continue my studies and side by side act in films,” said Amoolya.
Director Narayan is also highly appreciative of Amoolya’s work in “Chaithradha Chandrama” and said she would once again strike a chord among not only youngsters but with family audiences as well.
Major portions of the film, which has been written by Narayan, have been shot in Kashmir. It also stars Pankaj, Pallakki Radhakrishna, Veena Sundar and Vijay Jetty.
- Kannada Actress Amoolya Involved In Smooch Scandal ! - Jun 10, 2010
- 'Chaithradha Chandramaadha' - ordinary fare from Narayan (Kannada film review) - Sep 07, 2008
- Debutant Deepak Aras' 'Manasology' disappoints (Kannada Movie Review) - Sep 25, 2011
- S Narayan Making Yet Another Film With Son Pankaj - Sep 14, 2010
- In age of Bollywood sequels, Haryanvi film to test waters - Apr 19, 2012
- Bollywood incomplete without Salman: Kareena - Sep 18, 2012
- Deepika's style statement (Movie Snippets) - Nov 08, 2011
- Fame is a very relative term: Sonakshi - Sep 05, 2012
- Madhoo wants Ratnam to make 'Roja 2' - Jul 09, 2012
- No time for boredom: Priyanka - Apr 12, 2012
- I'm not going back to TV: Prachi Desai - May 12, 2012
- Amoolya harassed by crazy stalker - Dec 12, 2009
- Consider ramp walk as my comeback: Nisha Kothari - Oct 10, 2011
- I'm privileged to work in Bollywood: Madhurima - Sep 10, 2012
- People worked on my looks for months: Aamna Sharif (With Images) - Sep 07, 2012