Kannada star Ganesh promises entertainer with ‘Sangama’October 19th, 2008 - 10:04 am ICT by IANS
Bangalore, Oct 19 (IANS) After his action-hero image in his last film “Bombaat”, Kannada actor ‘Golden Star’ Ganesh now looks forward to “Sangama”, which is set for a Diwali release. He says the film is a combination of intelligence and fun.Ganesh says that his role in director Ravi Verma’s “Sangama” is totally different from the characters he’s played so far.
“The essence of this role is that I am a happy-go-lucky person who uses a lot of intelligence and fun to get things done. I have really enjoyed doing this role. The film will have a lot of fun and entertainment value,” said Ganesh, who hopes “Sangama” will go on to become a hit.
Ganesh’s previous film “Bombaat”, which released in August, saw him team up with actress Ramya. Ganesh, who is popularly known as ‘Golden Star’ Ganesh, got an image makeover with this movie. It projected him in the new avatar of an action hero, but the film did not run for long, despite a good initial opening.
Producer S.V. Babu plans to release “Sangama” in a big way in around 75-80 theatres across Karnataka to cash in on the popularity of Ganesh, who has been soaring to greater heights after the success of his film “Mungaru Male”.
“Sangama”, which also stars glamorous actress Vedhika, has been mostly shot in Bangalore, while two songs have been picturised in Switzerland.
Vedhika, who has worked in a few Telugu and Tamil films, is making her debut in the Kannada film industry with “Sangama”.
Vedhika, though based in Mumbai, originally hails from Maharashtra’s Solapur town, which is near the border with Karnataka. She feels “Sangama” has given her the opportunity to go back to her roots.
“Kannada is our mother tongue. I know how to speak a few words in Kannada, thanks to my grandmother. For me this Kannada film offer has come as a golden opportunity. I want to act in more Kannada films to please my family members,” Vedhika said.
The actress said that she plays a bubbly character in “Sangama”, but also gets to do a few emotional sequences.
According to director Ravi Verma, who has also written the film’s story and screenplay of the film, the highlight of the movie will be the song compositions by music director Devi Sreeprasad, one of the most popular composers of the Telugu film industry.
This is the first Kannada film Sreeprasad has created tunes for.
“Devi’s music has gelled well with the film’s story. Ganesh’s films are hugely appreciated for the quality of music. Devi has composed some amazing songs and we have shot them abroad and also on sets in Bangalore,” director Ravi Verma said.
“All the songs are visually spectacular and it will be a treat for fans,” he added.
Producer Babu said the music album was released two weeks ago and it has already become a huge hit in the audio market.
Devi SreePrasad, who has composed music for top Telugu hits like “Varsham” and “Bommarillu”, said the songs have good lyrical value and variety and he hoped the music would contribute to the success of “Sangama”.
“I am sure the film will be a major success as the audio has already clicked in a big way,” Sreeprasad said.
- 'Damarukam' release pushed to Oct 19 (Southern Movie Snippets) - Sep 08, 2012
- 'Shiv Shiv' Nagarjuna's favourite from 'Damarukam' album - Sep 11, 2012
- Ullasa Utsaha ready for release - Nov 28, 2009
- 'Damarukam' treat for Nagarjuna's fans - Sep 11, 2012
- Shravana Audio Released - Jul 13, 2010
- 'Nariya Seere Kaddha' Audio Released - Oct 14, 2010
- Veteran director K.S.R. Doss dead - Jun 09, 2012
- 'Rebel' shooting complete, audio to be released Sep 14 - Sep 05, 2012
- Now Shruti Haasan sings for Kannada film - Mar 14, 2010
- 'Baadshah' album on right track, three songs completed - Sep 02, 2012
- Film fraternity came out in full strength to support Anna's movement - Aug 28, 2011
- Anaganaga O Dheerudu: Get Ready To Hear The Sound Of The Movie From This Weekend - Dec 16, 2010
- 'Daggaraga Dooranga' - just ordinary (Telugu Movie Review) - Aug 28, 2011
- '18th Cross' - not worth the wait (Kannada Movie Review) - Aug 04, 2012
- Veera Bahu Completes Shooting - Oct 21, 2010