Kannada actor denied bail in wife assault caseSeptember 13th, 2011 - 8:06 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, Sep 13 (IANS) A Bangalore court Tuesday denied bail to leading Kannada actor Darshan who has been arrested for assaulting his wife, though she withdrew her complaint against him.
First Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Venkatesh Hulagi declined to accept the changed statement of Darshan’s wife Vijayalakshmi that she had suffered injuries from a fall in the bathroom and not from an attack by her husband.
Darshan was arrested Friday after Vijayalakshmi gave a five-page complaint to police in Vijayanagar in west Bangalore alleging that Darshan had beaten her and threatened to kill her and their three-year-old son Vineesh.
The actor was sent to 14 days judicial custody Friday but after spending a night in Parappana Agrahara jail in east Bangalore he has been under treatment in a hospital for suspected jaundice.
Vijayalakshmi changed her statement after leading Kannada film personalities intervened to bring about a patch-up between the couple.
The incident has split the Kannada film industry over the role that actress Nikitha allegedly played in creating a rift between the couple.
Vijayalakshmi blamed Nikitha for the trouble in her marital life. Nikitha has rubbished the charges against her.
Acting on her complaint, a group of Kannada film producers has banned Nikitha from signing new films.
However, several leading Kannada producers, directors and actors have questioned the ban on Nikitha saying personal and professional matters should be kept apart.
Darshan’s lawyers may move the sessions court in the next few days against Hulagi’s ruling denying bail.
- Kannada actor awaits bail in wife beating case - Sep 14, 2011
- Kannada actor Darshan denied bail in wife assault case - Sep 20, 2011
- Hearing on Kannada actor's bail plea after two weeks (Lead) - Sep 22, 2011
- Kannada actor back in jail for wife assault - Sep 21, 2011
- I'm relieved, says Nikita after ban is lifted - Sep 15, 2011
- Kannada actor, wife apologise to Kannadigas - Oct 09, 2011
- Ban on Nikita lifted - Sep 15, 2011
- High court grants conditional bail to Kannada actor - Oct 07, 2011
- Kannada actor Darshan arrested, jailed for 'assaulting' wife - Sep 09, 2011
- Most hurting decision, says Nikitha after being banned - Sep 11, 2011
- Actress Nikita Thukral banned for 3 years for having affair with co-star - Sep 14, 2011
- Maudany's judicial custody extended till Sep - Sep 14, 2010
- Yeddyurappa gets bail in one case - Nov 03, 2011
- Special court in prison complex for Jayalalithaa's appearance - Oct 18, 2011
- Jayalalithaa reappears in court in assets case - Oct 21, 2011
Tags: actors, actress, assault case, darshan, few days, film personalities, film producers, jaundice, judicial custody, kannada film industry, lawyers, magistrate, new films, nikitha, page complaint, professional matters, sessions court, vijayalakshmi, vijayanagar, wife assault