Kanda moves Delhi High Court for anticipatory bail (Lead)August 13th, 2012 - 2:06 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 13 (IANS) Former Haryana minister Gopal Goyal Kanda, wanted in connection with the suicide of former flight attendant Geetika Sharma, Monday moved the Delhi High Court seeking an anticipatory bail.
The matter will come up for hearing Tuesday.
Mentioning the matter before a division bench of Justice Sanjay Kishan Kaul and Justice Vipin Sanghi, senior advocate K.T.S. Tulsi appearing for Kanda told the court that the anticipatory bail plea would be filed Monday itself.
He sought the matter to be listed Monday or Tuesday before an appropriate bench.
Kanda’s anticipatory bail plea was dismissed Aug 9 by a sessions court that said allegations against him were grave and serious in nature and that his application was without merit.
Kanda, who owned the MDLR Airlines where the 23-year-old Geetika was earlier employed, was booked for abetment to her suicide and criminal intimidation. He is now untraceable and on the run.
Kanda began his career as a petty businessman and later became a multi-millionaire property dealer. He floated MDLR Airline in 2007.
He was elected to the Haryana assembly as an Independent legislator from Sirsa constituency in the October 2009 polls and joined the Congress-led government headed by Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda.
Kanda was made minister of state for home by Hooda despite having been named in police cases earlier.
Geetika hanged herself in her north Delhi’s Ashok Vihar house Aug 5 and left behind a suicide note, blaming Kanda and Aruna Chaddha, senior executive in Kanda’s group, for her extreme step. Her autopsy report Friday confirmed there was no foul play.
- Kanda moves Delhi High Court for anticipatory bail (Second Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- Court denies Kanda shield against arrest (Second Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- Suicide notes are not gospel truth: Kanda lawyer - Aug 14, 2012
- Kanda may move high court for anticipatory bail - Aug 10, 2012
- Court denies Kanda shield against arrest (Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- Kanda's anticipatory bail plea decision Friday - Aug 16, 2012
- Police scan Kanda's 400 SMS to Geetika - Aug 12, 2012
- Court reserves order on Kanda's anticipatory bail plea (Second Lead) - Aug 14, 2012
- Police to question Chaddha for three more days (Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- Court reserves order on Kanda's anticipatory bail plea (Lead) - Aug 14, 2012
- Chaddha's police custody extended by three days - Aug 13, 2012
- Kanda moves Delhi High Court for anticipatory bail - Aug 13, 2012
- Court denies anticipatory bail to Kanda (Lead) - Aug 17, 2012
- Geetika suicide: Chaddha to be questioned for another day - Aug 11, 2012
- Kanda hunt on, Geetika's autopsy confirms no foul play - Aug 11, 2012
Tags: ashok, autopsy report, bail plea, chief minister, criminal intimidation, delhi high court, division bench, extreme step, flight attendant, foul play, haryana minister, hooda, kaul, kishan, mdlr airlines, minister of state, north delhi, sessions court, suicide note, vipin