Kanda booked under fresh chargesAugust 21st, 2012 - 9:35 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 21 (IANS) Delhi Police Tuesday slapped fresh charges against former Haryana minister Gopal Kanda, who is accused of abeeting the suicide of his former employee Geetika Sharma.
“We have invoked section 66 (A) under IT (Information Technology) Act as the accused forged details and sent them through electronic messages,” Special Commissioner Dharmendra Kumar said.
Kumar refused to divulge details saying it could hamper investigation. “We have recovered hard disks, laptops and relevant documents,” he said.
Geetika, 23, a former flight attendant of the now defunct MDLR Airlines owned by Kanda, had accused him and his employee Aruna Chaddha of harassing her and forcing her to commit suicide.
She died on the night of Aug 4-5 at her house in Delhi’s Ashok Vihar area. Kanda and Chaddha have denied the allegations.
Kumar ruled out brain mapping of Kanda, saying the objects seized from his house and farmhouse were enough to proceed with.
He added: “Had Kanda been arrested in one day he would have got bail because of lack of evidence.”
Kanda was arrested here Saturday after he surrendered at a police station. He was sent to police custody for questioning.
- Kanda close to being nailed in Geetika suicide: Police - Aug 24, 2012
- Kanda's police custody extended by three days - Aug 25, 2012
- Kanda will be arrested soon, says police (Second Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- Police search Kanda's farmhouse for evidence - Aug 20, 2012
- Court again rejects cops' plea seeking Chaddha's custody - Aug 21, 2012
- Kanda may also face destruction of proof case - Aug 22, 2012
- Raids on Kanda's homes, offices continue - Aug 09, 2012
- Kanda's police custody extended by three days (Lead) - Aug 25, 2012
- Kanda's Gurgaon farmhouse, office searched (Lead) - Aug 20, 2012
- Police scan Kanda's 400 SMS to Geetika - Aug 12, 2012
- Geetika suicide: Police arrest Chaddha, Kanda absconding - Aug 08, 2012
- Raids continue on Kanda's homes, offices (Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- Kanda sent to 7 days police custody (Lead) - Aug 18, 2012
- Court issues warrant against Kanda (Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- Geetika suicide: Kanda evades reply to 7 key questions - Aug 19, 2012
Tags: allegations, ashok, brain mapping, delhi police, dharmendra, electronic messages, farmhouse, flight attendant, gopal, hard disks, haryana minister, information technology act, lack of evidence, laptops, mdlr airlines, New Delhi, police station, relevant documents, section 66, suicide