Kalyan Singh now has ’solution’ to Ayodhya disputeJanuary 20th, 2009 - 9:04 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Jan 20 (IANS) Former Uttar Pradesh chief minister Kalyan Singh, who presided over the razing of the Babri Masjid at Ayodhya, Tuesday said he had a “permanent solution” to the dispute after parting ways with the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).”I feel that a permanent solution to the Ayodhya temple tangle lies in an amicable settlement,” said Singh who had once proudly proclaimed “credit” for ensuring the December 1992 demolition of the 16th century Babri mosque in the ancient temple town by militant Hindus.
Kalyan was chief minister of the country’s most populous and politically consequential state thrice in the nineties.
“I feel that we should get maulanas, maulvis, historians and other learned men to sit across the table with sadhus, Hindu scholars and the Shankaracharyas. It would not be difficult to strike an amicable settlement on the long pending dispute,” he said.
“I had initiated some effort in that direction at one point of time but before I could make much headway, my government was out.”
Kalyan Singh always swore to build a grand Ram Temple on the debris of the razed mosque, which he repeatedly termed as “a symbol of slavery and humiliation”.
- Kalyan Singh's supporters create ruckus in Ayodhya - Jan 06, 2010
- Ayodhya group echoes need for 'amicable settlement' - Sep 17, 2010
- Temple not on people's agenda in Ayodhya - Feb 09, 2012
- Factsheet: Timeline of the Ayodhya Dispute - May 09, 2011
- Hindu lawyers oppose amicable settlement in Babri Mosque demolition case - Sep 17, 2010
- I want to save nation from chaos: Ayodhya petitioner - Sep 16, 2010
- Ayodhya dispute: Ansari's move for talks welcomed - Oct 04, 2010
- Babri demolition anniversary low-key in Ayodhya-Faizabad - Dec 06, 2011
- Amicable agreement on dispute needed: Ayodhya residents - Sep 30, 2010
- Resolve Ayodhya issue through talks: Vinay Katiyar to government - Sep 15, 2010
- Kalyan calls Liberhan report 'politically motivated' (Lead) - Nov 24, 2009
- Kalyan Singh dubs Liberhan report a 'political conspiracy' - Nov 24, 2009
- Nirmohi Akhara wants Kalam, Deoband in Ayodhya mediation - Oct 13, 2010
- Ayodha ruling a triumph for Hindus, says Pakistani paper (Lead) - Oct 02, 2010
- Ayodhya Muslim litigant visits seer to urge negotiated settlement - Oct 04, 2010