Kalka-Shimla train derails, two killedDecember 21st, 2008 - 11:59 am ICT by IANS
Shimla, Dec 21 (IANS) Two people were killed and six injured Sunday morning when a Kalka-Shimla holiday special train derailed near Dharampur in Himachal Pradesh, an official said.”The train left Kalka railway station at 7 a.m. It derailed at Sanwara near Dharampur after two hours of journey,” Solan Deputy Commissioner Amandeep Garg told IANS.
He said that the engine and two coaches of the train had derailed. The injured have been admitted to the primary health centre in Dharampur, 60 km from here.
Five train services run to and fro daily on the world heritage Kalka-Shimla rail line in Himachal Pradesh. Two special holiday trains had been started Saturday to cater to the Christmas and New Year rush.
- Sixth train on Kalka-Shimla track - Apr 25, 2011
- Kalka-Shimla track gets holiday special toy train - Dec 23, 2010
- Kalka-Shimla train derails, one killed (Lead) - Dec 21, 2008
- 'Bring Shimla's last heritage train back on track' (Letter from Shimla) (With Image) - Aug 12, 2012
- Rail engine derails in Himachal Pradesh - Jul 01, 2010
- Train services resume on Kalka-Shimla track - Sep 24, 2010
- Trains back on Kalka-Shimla railway line - Dec 22, 2008
- Rail traffic restored on Kalka-Shimla track (Lead) - Jul 01, 2010
- Himachal's 108-year-old heritage railway station gutted (Lead) - May 03, 2011
- Special Kalka-Shimla trains start for New Year - Dec 27, 2009
- Holiday special trains on Kalka-Shimla track stopped - Jul 09, 2009
- Group travel? Charter a train to Shimla (With Images) - May 17, 2010
- Fire destroys 108-year-old railway station - May 03, 2011
- Landslides snap rail traffic in Himachal - Sep 23, 2010
- Another tragedy awaits Kalka-Shimla rail track? - Dec 22, 2008