Kalinga Trust sets up state-level prizeNovember 10th, 2010 - 9:57 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, Nov 10 (IANS) The city-based Kalinga Foundation Trust, which sponsors the prestigious Unesco Kalinga Prize, Wednesday announced the setting up of a state-level prize for popularising science.
Named as ‘Kalinga Samman for Popularization of Science”, the prize will be presented annually, beginning this year, to an eminent scientist or science populariser from Orissa, trust member and state information and public relation minister Prafulla Samal told reporters here.
The prize carries a cash award of Rs.1 lakh, a memento and a citation, he said.
The winner will be selected by a three-member jury of eminent scientists and the final decision will be taken by the trust, he said.
Kalinga Foundation Trust was set up by the then Orissa chief minister Biju Patnaik in 1959.
- India's largest science event kicks off Tuesday - Jan 02, 2012
- Kalam awards Infosys prizes to six noted scientists - Jan 09, 2012
- Bangalore professor among six Infosys' Prize winners - Nov 16, 2011
- Scientist Narlikar named for Maharashtra state award - Mar 07, 2011
- Six achievers in science bag Infosys Prize - Oct 25, 2010
- Kaushik Basu to head Infosys' science prize jury - Apr 10, 2012
- Russian physicist Sergei Kapitsa dies at 84 - Aug 14, 2012
- Contest for press photographers launched - May 13, 2012
- Qatar offers a half-million dollar 'education Nobel' to Bangladesh - Nov 02, 2011
- PM arrives in Bhubaneswar (Lead) - Jan 02, 2012
- Patnaik reshuffles ministry, drops five (Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- Naveen Patnaik could have prevented Saraswati's murder: BJP ex-minister - Mar 10, 2011
- Flag row: BJP workers burn Patnaik's effigy - Jan 01, 2011
- Manmohan Singh to inaugurate IEA conference in Bhubaneswar - Dec 26, 2009
- Patnaik postpones Chennai trip - Apr 04, 2012
Tags: biju, chief minister, citation, eminent scientist, eminent scientists, final decision, foundation trust, member jury, memento, orissa, public relation, rs 1, samal, samman, science, state information, trust member, unesco