Kalam gets dedicated EduSat connectionJuly 20th, 2008 - 3:48 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 20 (IANS) Former president A.P.J. Abdul Kalam has a direct connection from satellite that will enable him to interact and hold video conferences from any corner of the country. One bandwidth of a mini EduSat hub set up last week at the Central Institute of Educational Technology (CIET) will manage all activities of the former president.
“We all know that Dr. Kalam loves interacting with college and school students. Through this mini-hub he can now get connected to the EduSat and interact with people around the corner,” CIET joint director Vasudha Kamat told IANS.
“The former president has his own studio set up and can now get hooked to the satellite and stay in touch with the world,” Kamat said.
The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) set up the EduSat mini-hub last week.
Kamat, however, said the mini-hub has a greater role than just devoting bandwidth to Kalam. “It will help setting up direct link with 100 Satellite Interactive Terminals across India which will boost the teachers training programme in a major way.”
“With the increase in the bandwidth, we are also getting connected to about 120 centres from the Consortium of Educational Communications (CEC). School teachers and B.Ed and M.Ed students will benefit in a major way from this facility,” she added.
- NCERT gets EduSat hub to boost teachers' training - Jul 14, 2008
- SNDT Women's University gets new vice chancellor - May 10, 2011
- Glitch forces ISRO to shut educational channel, students suffer - Feb 24, 2011
- Kalam inspires rural children - Mar 12, 2011
- Kalam all praise for Gujarat's agriculture growth - Feb 11, 2011
- Orissa goes hi-tech in school education - Sep 01, 2009
- 'Think differently, discover the impossible', says Kalam to students - Dec 20, 2010
- India unveils Connect Central Asia policy - Jun 12, 2012
- Kalam to give lesson on fundamental duties - Jul 11, 2012
- Kalam dissociates himself from Nalanda university - Sep 15, 2011
- India's space odyssey: A timeline (To go with ISRO's 100th mission story) - Sep 09, 2012
- B.Ed, M.Ed paper leaks blot on Agra's image: academics - May 17, 2010
- One tiny satellite in space, whiz kids plan two more (With Image) - Jul 17, 2010
- India launches phase-II of African e-network project - Aug 16, 2010
- Embrace development, Kalam tells Bihar politicians - Nov 15, 2011