Justice will one day prevail, say Rajesh and Nupur TalwarJune 7th, 2012 - 2:49 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 7 (IANS) Stating that they would not rest till the real killers of their daughter Aarushi were caught, Rajesh and Nupur Talwar said Thursday they were “deeply disappointed” with the Supreme Court for rejecting their review plea but accepted the order with humility.
“We will defend our honour and that of our only child, Aarushi, vigorously in court and we will not rest till all our innocence is proved, our honour vindicated and the real killers are apprehended and brought to trial,” the Talwars said in a statement after the Supreme Court rejected their petition seeking review of the earlier order that they be tried for the murder of Aarushi and their domestic help Hemraj
“We are deeply disappointed at the dismissal of our review petition by the Supreme court, but we accept it with humility. We believe justice will one day prevail,” the couple said.
The Supreme Court has also turned down the plea for further investigation in the case.
While Nupur Talwar is at the Dasna jail in Ghaziabad, her husband, also a dentist, is out on bail.
Aarushi, 14, was found murdered at her parents’ Noida residence May 16, 2008. The body of her domestic help Hemraj was found the next day on the terrace of the house.
A Central Bureau of Investigation court has charged the Talwars under sections 302/34 (murder with common intention) and 201 (destruction of evidence with common intention) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC). In addition to these, the court charged Rajesh Talwar under section 203 (giving false information respecting an offence committed) of IPC.
- SC rejects plea, Talwars vow to nail Aarushi killers (Second Lead) - Jun 07, 2012
- SC rejects plea, Talwars vow to nail Aarushi killers (Lead) - Jun 07, 2012
- Nupur Talwar moves apex court for bail (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Aarushi case: SC rejects Nupur Talwar's review plea (Lead) - Jun 07, 2012
- SC notice to CBI on Nupur Talwar's bail plea (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- Examine Aarushi murder witnesses by Sep 17, SC tells CBI (Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- Aarushi murder: Post-mortem doctor deposes in court - Jul 24, 2012
- CBI opposes Nupur Talwar's bail plea - Aug 09, 2012
- High court rejects Nupur Talwar's bail plea (Lead) - May 31, 2012
- Nupur Talwar moves apex court for bail - Jul 03, 2012
- Examine Aarushi murder witnesses by Sep 17, SC tells CBI - Aug 13, 2012
- Aarushi murder: Magistrate appears as witness - Jul 18, 2012
- Aarushi case: SC rejects Nupur Talwar's review plea (Third Lead) - Jun 07, 2012
- Aarushi murder: Defence says witness doctor unreliable - Jul 25, 2012
- Aarushi case: SC rejects Nupur Talwar's review plea (Second Lead) - Jun 07, 2012
Tags: central bureau of investigation, dentist, domestic help, false information, honour, humility, indian penal code, innocence, intention, ipc, killers, New Delhi, nupur, offence, parents, petition, plea, rajesh, supreme court, talwar