Justice Gogoi joins apex courtApril 23rd, 2012 - 10:41 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 23 (IANS) Justice Ranjan Gogoi was Monday administered the oath of office as a judge of the Supreme Court by Chief Justice S.H. Kapadia.
Prior to his elevation to the apex court, Justice Gogoi was the chief justice of the Punjab and Haryana High Court. He took over charge of the high court Feb 12, 2011.
With the swearing in of Justice Gogoi, the strength of the apex court has gone up to 27 judges. The sanctioned strength of the court is 31.
Justice Gogoi earlier practised in the Gauhati High Court. He was made a judge of the high court Feb 28, 2001.
He is the second judge to be elevated to the apex court this month. Justice Fakir Muhammad Ibrahim Kalifulla joined the court April 2.
- With new judge, Supreme Court has 26 judges - Apr 02, 2012
- Justice Lokur sworn in as Supreme Court judge (Lead) - Jun 04, 2012
- Justice Lokur sworn in as Supreme Court judge - Jun 04, 2012
- Supreme Court gets three new judges - Sep 13, 2011
- Justice Gogoi new Punjab and Haryana chief justice - Feb 12, 2011
- Supreme Court judge Sudershan Reddy retires - Jul 07, 2011
- Three new judges join Delhi High Court (Lead) - Oct 17, 2011
- Judges cannot fix poverty line: Supreme Court - Sep 03, 2012
- Revenue not the only aim of resource allocation, SC told - Jul 19, 2012
- Prakash Tatia sworn in as Jharkhand High Court judge - Apr 11, 2011
- Justice Altamas Kabir to be next Chief Justice of India - Sep 13, 2012
- New judges made to wait for Mamata's signature to take oath - Apr 09, 2012
- Auction can't be only mode of alloting resources, SC told - Jul 12, 2012
- Blame game over delay faced by new Bengal judges (Lead) - Apr 09, 2012
- Government panel wants natural resources' auction, SC told - Jul 11, 2012