Junior doctors in Jharkhand end strikeJanuary 2nd, 2009 - 3:59 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Jan 2 (IANS) Junior doctors at the premier medical institute here ended their six-day strike Friday after the Jharkhand government agreed to consider their demands. Medical services at Rajendra Institute of Medical Science (RIMS) were disrupted since last Saturday as the junior doctors went on strike, following a clash between some of them and residents of Bariatu area after a resident was hit by the vehicle of a doctor.
More than 40 people, including some doctors, were injured in the clash.
Jharkhand Health Secretary Pradeep Kumar and the Junior Doctors Association (JDA) Thursday night signed an agreement to end the strike, after the state government assured it would consider the eight demands of the junior doctors.
The demands included enhancing security at RIMS, stopping construction of a shopping complex in the premises, removal of the officer in charge of the Bariatu police station and lodging a case against the residents of the area involved in the clash.
“We have ended our strike following an agreement with the state government, which assured us to fulfil our demands by Jan 15. If they are not fulfilled, we will go on strike again,” said a JDA spokesperson.
Even emergency services at RIMS were disrupted due to the strike. Over 600 patients were shifted to other hospitals.
- Strike cripples medical services in Ranchi hospital - Aug 21, 2010
- Ranchi hospital nurses call off strike - Aug 22, 2010
- Patients suffer as medical staff go on strike in Ranchi govt. hospitals - Aug 20, 2010
- Junior doctors end 14-day strike in Bihar - Jun 28, 2012
- Striking Jharkhand doctors face disciplinary action - Dec 30, 2008
- Junior doctors call off strike in Andhra - Feb 15, 2012
- Freedom fighter, wife end fast after pension assurance - Nov 09, 2011
- Medical services hit as junior doctors in Andhra intensify stir - Sep 03, 2012
- Doctors on strike after Ranchi residents storm hospital - Dec 27, 2008
- Haryana government doctors cease work - Nov 08, 2011
- Junior doctors in MP end strike following state Govt's assurance - Jul 29, 2009
- Junior doctors in Bihar end strike - Sep 01, 2009
- Doctors strike in Jharkhand affects health services - Jun 22, 2011
- Rajasthan doctors' strike claims 55 lives - Dec 28, 2011
- 2,000 doctors on strike in Jharkhand (Lead) - Jun 22, 2011