June industrial output data disappointing: ChidambaramAugust 9th, 2012 - 7:14 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 9 (IANS) Finance Minister P. Chidambaram Thursday voiced disappointment over the June industrial output data and said the government would try to remove hurdles in critical sectors like power and transport that impede growth.
“It is important to focus on the critical sectors, remove bottlenecks and give a fillip to production,” Chidambaram said while reacting on the monthly data.
According to data released by the Central Statistics Office, India’s industrial output dropped by 1.8 percent in June due to a 3.2 percent contraction in manufacturing production.
The factory output has contracted for the third time in the past four months. During the April-June period, factory output measured in terms of the Index of Industrial Production (IIP) has contracted by 0.1 percent.
Chidambaram said production would revive if there were new investments in “demand creating industries.”
“Supply side constraints upon manufacturing and exports must be removed in double quick time. We intend to find practical solutions to the problems that impede higher production or output in the coal, mining, petroleum, power, road transport, railway and port sectors,” the finance minister said in a statement.
- Factory output dips by 1.8 percent in June (Roundup) - Aug 09, 2012
- India's industrial output drops by 1.8 percent in June (Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- Government-industry task force to meet next week - Aug 10, 2012
- Inflation down by 6.87 percent - Aug 14, 2012
- Industrial output drops by 1.8 percent in June - Aug 09, 2012
- Inflation to remain between 6.5-7.5 percent: Mukherjee (Lead) - Jun 14, 2012
- Industrial output grows at 0.1 percent in April - Jun 12, 2012
- IIP data dissapoints Pranab, says government committed to reforms - Jun 12, 2012
- Need to take measures, says Pranab on poor IIP data (Roundup) - Jun 12, 2012
- Inflation eases, but food prices surge - Jul 16, 2012
- Industrial output rises by 2.4 percent in May (Lead) - Jul 12, 2012
- Tata Motors halts production at Jamshedpur plant - Jun 28, 2012
- Inflation rises to 7.55 percent, food prices surge - Jun 14, 2012
- India's factory output rises 5.9 percent in November - Jan 12, 2012
- Industrial output rises in May but recovery probability low (Second Lead) - Jul 12, 2012
Tags: bottlenecks, central statistics office, coal mining, contraction, critical sectors, disappointment, fillip, finance minister, four months, hurdles, New Delhi, p chidambaram, petroleum, practical solutions, quick time, railway, road transport, s industrial, side constraints, third time