Jundal wants his confession to be recordedAugust 10th, 2012 - 8:43 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 10 (IANS) Key 26/11 handler Abu Jundal is understood to have applied in a special court here for recording of his confession statement in connection with the 2008 Mumbai terror attacks, official sources said.
The alleged Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) operative Zabiuddin Ansari alias Abu Jundal is in police custody till Aug 13. The special court will decide on this application Monday when he is produced before the court for further custody.
Jundal’s application came a day after he was reportedly brought face to face with the sole surviving gunman of Mumbai terror attack Ajmal Kasab, who identified him as one of the conspirators of the 26/11 attacks late Thursday night.
Kasab and Jundal were questioned by police inside the high security Arthur Road Jail, where Kasab is lodged.
On July 21, Jundal was taken to Mumbai after a Delhi court handed over his custody to police here for probing his alleged role in the Mumbai terror attack.
Jundal is also an accused in other cases in Maharashtra including the 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case, the 2010 German Bakery blast in Pune and an alleged plot to attack the Nashik Police Academy.
Sources said that Jundal also met American LeT operative David Headley, a co-accused in the 26/11 attacks.
- Abu Jundal sent to judicial custody till Sep 24 - Sep 10, 2012
- Kasab, Jundal to be jointly questioned by Mumbai Police - Aug 10, 2012
- Abu Jundal's police custody extended till Aug 13 - Jul 31, 2012
- Jundal sent to police custody in Nashik attack plot - Sep 11, 2012
- Abu Jundal shunted to police custody till July 31 - Jul 21, 2012
- Gujarat riots spurred Jundal's radicalisation: Investigators - Jul 11, 2012
- 26/11 plotter Jundal to be taken to Mumbai court Saturday (Second Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Abu Jundal sent to police custody till July 31 (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- 26/11 plotter Jundal to be taken to Mumbai court Saturday (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Four probe agencies to seek Jundal's custody Friday - Jul 19, 2012
- Jundal to be questioned in arms haul case - Aug 13, 2012
- Jundal's questioning extended till Sep 10 - Sep 03, 2012
- 26/11 plotter Jundal abandoned family for terrorism - Jul 08, 2012
- Mumbai police want to confront Hamza with Kasab - Jun 28, 2012
- Jundal was planning another 26/11-type strike: Investigators - Jul 06, 2012
Tags: alias, arthur road, aurangabad, bakery, confession, conspirators, david headley, delhi court, gunman, high security, kasab, lashkar, maharashtra, police academy, police custody, pune, terror attack, terror attacks, thursday night