Jundal to be questioned in arms haul caseAugust 13th, 2012 - 9:59 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 13 (IANS) A Mumbai court Monday sent key 26/11 handler and suspected Lashkar-e-Taiba terrorist Abu Jundal to the custody of Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) for questioning in a 2006 arms haul case, a police official said.
A day after Jundal recorded his confessional statement Sunday in the 2008 Mumbai terror attack, Metropolitan Magistrate P.S. Rathod granted his custody to Maharashtra ATS in connection with the 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case.
Jundal was in the custody of Mumbai Police since July 21, when he was brought to Mumbai from Delhi.
Last week Jundal was brought face-to-face with the lone survivor among the 10 Pakistani terrorists involved in the Mumbai attack, Mohammed Ajmal Amir Kasab.
Jundal later voluntarily offered to give his confessional statement, which would be used as “testimonial evidence” in the Mumbai attack case.
Hailing from Beed district in Maharashtra, Jundal was working in Saudi Arabia before being deported to India in June. He was arrested by Delhi Police on arrival.
- Jundal records statement before magistrate - Aug 12, 2012
- Abu Jundal sent to judicial custody till Sep 24 - Sep 10, 2012
- Jundal's questioning extended till Sep 10 - Sep 03, 2012
- Jundal sent to police custody in Nashik attack plot - Sep 11, 2012
- Jundal wants his confession to be recorded - Aug 10, 2012
- Kasab, Jundal to be jointly questioned by Mumbai Police - Aug 10, 2012
- Gujarat riots spurred Jundal's radicalisation: Investigators - Jul 11, 2012
- Abu Jundal's police custody extended till Aug 13 - Jul 31, 2012
- 26/11 plotter Jundal abandoned family for terrorism - Jul 08, 2012
- 26/11 plotter Jundal to be taken to Mumbai court Saturday (Second Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Abu Jundal shunted to police custody till July 31 - Jul 21, 2012
- Bring terror suspect Hamza to Mumbai: Court (Lead) - Jun 25, 2012
- Four probe agencies to seek Jundal's custody Friday - Jul 19, 2012
- Abu Jundal sent to police custody till July 31 (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- Key suspect in Mumbai terror attack held (Second Lead) - Jun 25, 2012
Tags: ajmal, amir, ats, aurangabad, confessional statement, delhi police, India, kasab, lashkar e taiba, lone survivor, magistrate, mohammed, mumbai court, pakistani terrorists, police official, terror attack, terrorism, testimonial evidence, working in saudi arabia