Julia Roberts skipped Oscars for familyFebruary 27th, 2009 - 10:34 pm ICT by IANS
London, Feb 27 (IANS) Academy award winner Julia Roberts skipped the Oscars ceremony Feb 22 for a quiet night at home with her family.
“My husband had been away and just returned home so I felt it (was) best to stay at home and be with my family. That was my priority so we watched the show on television,” Julia was quoted as saying by mirror.co.uk.
The 41-year-old actress, who is one of the top-earning stars in Hollywood, says she enjoys the life of domesticity as a wife to cameraman husband Danny Moder and mother to their three children.
“My life at home gives me absolute joy,” she said.
The “Pretty Woman” star has two movies to be released soon - “Fireflies in the Garden” and “Duplicity”.
- Mum-of-three Julia Roberts happy to be housewife - Aug 13, 2010
- I am a practising Hindu, says Julia Roberts - Aug 06, 2010
- Roberts' 'Fireflies...' releases after four years - Oct 14, 2011
- Julia Roberts plans to shift to Hawaii - Jul 19, 2012
- Love: Julia Roberts' beauty secret - Mar 23, 2012
- Julia Roberts destined to marry Danny Moder - Jun 16, 2011
- Hindus warmly welcome Julia Roberts to Hinduism - Aug 05, 2010
- Julia Roberts turned down Oscar invitation for kids - Feb 28, 2009
- Red carpet is terrifying, says Julia Roberts - Mar 13, 2009
- Watching 'Fireflies...' makes Roberts emotional - Oct 14, 2011
- Sewing, knitting relaxes Julia Roberts - Aug 22, 2010
- Julia describes her husband as her 'Rock' - Sep 13, 2010
- Roberts made life-long friends while shooting 'Eat Pray...' - Sep 23, 2010
- Julia Roberts reveals she's a practicing Hindu - Aug 06, 2010
- Julia Roberts is among top "Religion Stories" of 2010 - Jan 01, 2011