Julia Roberts learnt about male psyche from co-starsFebruary 22nd, 2009 - 1:39 pm ICT by IANS
London, Feb 22 (IANS) Actress Julia Roberts is grateful to have shared screen time with prank-loving actors Richard Gere and Mel Gibson because their on-set antics gave her early insight into the male psyche.
Roberts was in her twenties when she first appeared alongside Gere in the 1990 romantic comedy “Pretty Woman”, and with Gibson in their 1997 film “Conspiracy Theory”.
And the movie star, who is now married to cameraman Danny Moder, admits that developing a platonic bond with the leading men helped her gain confidence around the opposite sex, contactmusic.com reports.
She told a magazine: “Early on, I worked with Richard Gere and Denzel (Washington) and Dennis Quaid and Mel Gibson, and all these profoundly smart, handsome guys. I was lucky enough to be part of their lives and become friends with them, and it is interesting to understand a solid perspective of the male psyche as a person who’s non-threatening to that guy.”
Roberts added: “Men are so revealing when they’re not trying to woo you, when you’re not intimidated or being flirty, when you’re just interested.”
- Julia Roberts male co-stars gave her early insight into male psyche - Feb 21, 2009
- Gere remembers friend Herb Ritts - Apr 03, 2012
- It's personality over looks for Pixie Lott - Jan 08, 2012
- Mel Gibson admits hitting ex, threatens to kill her in new audiotape - Jul 13, 2010
- Oksana Grigorieva's ex bodyguard sides with Mel Gibson - Jan 22, 2011
- Julia Roberts says husband is happy with her new curvier physique - Sep 24, 2010
- The six worst things about being male (The Funny Side) - Aug 31, 2012
- Kissing episode: Cases against Shilpa Shetty shifted to Mumbai - Nov 21, 2011
- What makes men tick and what winds them up? - Apr 10, 2011
- What makes men tick and what winds them up - Apr 10, 2011
- Mel Gibson's 'racist, profane rant at ex caught on tape' - Jul 02, 2010
- Mel Gibson accused of assaulting daughter - Jul 21, 2010
- Mel Gibson 'pulled gun on Oksana Grigorieva when she tried to escape' - Jul 15, 2010
- Julia Roberts' love for baking soda - Aug 18, 2012
- Robert Downey Jr on how he would advice pal Mel Gibson - Nov 03, 2010