Juhi Chawla to do cameo in Vivek Sharma’s next (Snippets)August 29th, 2008 - 7:17 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 29 (IANS) After doing a full-fledged role in director Vivek Sharma’s “Bhoothnath” that did not fare well at the box office, Bollywood actress Juhi Chawla has agreed to play a cameo in his next project titled “Kal Kisne Dekha”.“I am very moved by Juhi’s lovely gesture. I wanted a Bollywood star to do a cameo in ‘Kal Kisne Dekha’. I asked Juhi and she has now agreed to it. I had told her at the time of ‘Bhoothnath’ that I wanted her to work in all my films,” Sharma was quoted as saying in a press statement.
Juhi took the director by surprise when she landed on the sets of the film Wednesday. Incidentally, it was also Sharma’s birthday.
“It was the best birthday gift,” Sharma said.
“Kal Kisne Dekha”, being co-produced by Reliance Entertainment’s Big Pictures and Vashu Bhagnani, is launching fresh faces.
It will be the launch pad for Bhagnani’s son Jackky. He will be sharing screen space with Rishi Kapoor, Archana Puran Singh and now Juhi.
Apara Mehta out, Saroj Khan in on ‘Aajaa Mahi Vay’
Veteran choreographer Saroj Khan has replaced TV actress Apara Mehta as a judge in Star Plus’s reality show “Aajaa Mahi Vay”.
Khan, who was earlier also a judge on another dance show “Nach Baliye 2” on Star Plus, will be joining actors Shweta Tiwari and Ronit Roy as a judge on “Aajaa Mahi Vay” from Sep 5.
According to a press statement released by the channel, “Apara Mehta’s dismissal from the show is the outcome of viewer findings which indicated that her presence on the show has not been received very well.”
It also stated: “Saroj Khan was chosen as Apara’s replacement owing to her popularity as a dance teacher. Her judging skills and profound knowledge of dance undoubtedly makes her the appropriate replacement.”
“Aajaa Mahi Vay” is telecast on Star Plus every Friday and Saturday at 8:00 p.m.
- Delnaaz Paul wants to do innovative work - Aug 18, 2012
- Jacqueline, Omi bag Best Debutant awards at IIFA - Jun 06, 2010
- Cover Story: Debutants to look forward to in 2009 - Apr 03, 2009
- STAR Plus to air reality show on couples from Aug 1 - Jul 21, 2008
- Akshay says no to Vashu Bhagnani’s Faltu - Oct 07, 2010
- Dutt to play DJ in Kal Kissne Dekha - Mar 20, 2009
- Dance fever catches on among Indians, thanks to TV - Feb 01, 2011
- Maa Exchange: Apara Mehta And Sudesh Berry’s Wife Into Exchange Mode - Jan 27, 2011
- SRK, Juhi now in TV commercial (With Images) - Apr 24, 2012
- Comparison with Salman makes Jackky happy - Aug 30, 2012
- '3 Idiots' triumphs at IIFA; Vidya, Kareena are best actresses (Lead) - Jun 06, 2010
- Vashu Bhagnani Refuses To Let Shah Rukh Khan Share Publicity With Son Jackky Accuses Director Of Unbecoming Conduct - Jun 12, 2009
- Bollywood stars eye serials after reality overdose - Oct 16, 2010
- Madhuri, Saroj recreate magic on 'Jhalak...' (With Image) - Jan 14, 2011
- Madhuri Dixit, Remo D’Souza: The Great Dance Maestros To Judge Jhalak Dikhla Jaa - Nov 27, 2010